Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have a child with pdd spectrum disorder ?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

my son who is 20 months old is having futher evaluation for possiable pdd spectrum disorder ? can any mommas tell me where their child is on the spectrum and how they function day to day ? how old was your child at the time of the dx and what they where dxd with and if the dx has changed at all ?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
punkiesmomma823
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:42 PM

BUMP!

RockinMama0608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM

My son is 5 and is Autistic.  He was 3 when he was first diagnosed but had another evaluation in April (with the same diagnosis). 

Punkslilncs
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM

WOW good that you got them to listen to you.. they wouldn't even consider testing my son till he was 2 years.. PDD is a very hard thing to deal with and most people don't get it at all they just think your child is being a brat. hugs

Some times I need a break and go to play..

twins0506
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM

my boys were 19mths when they were diagnosed with PDD. now theyre 2 1/2. they just had another evaluation about 4 months ago (wow i can't believe it was that long ago. it feels like a few weeks ago). and they kept the diagnosis the same. they're in EI now but start pre-school in september. they are progressing though. izaiah went from non-verbal to about 20-30 words. and dezmond... ehh i know he's progressing i just can't pinpoint in what area's.

VeRo915
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM

my son just got diagnosed last year and he was 7 years old.. after so many years of me asking for tests and them not knowing what was wrong with hin I finally know..

korr1121
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Twin 3.5 year old girls diagnosed PDD-NOS a few weeks ago.  I always knew something was off.  Dr's kept saying that they were just delayed, but finally we got our appt with a  psychiatrist and he put all of their symptoms together and came back with this diagnosis.  Feels great to finally know what's wrong and to be able to better help them.

in love

Mom of 2, Austin and Taya (ADHD/Bipolar), Stepmom of 2, Layla and Neya (both PDD-NOS/ADHD)

Virginia Beach, VA   www.facebook.com/kristy.brownorr

lin6278
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Wow I just posted my blog link on this same topic! http://seeingthroughthespectrum.blogspot.com/ 

My daughter was diagnosed at 15 months. She is beginning services on Monday.   If you have any questions that i can answer (I am new to this too but I am a special needs teacher and I  worked with autistic children) drop me a line on here!

sweetangie79
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:33 PM

My son has PP-NOS and was just DXed in May of this year.  He is a great kid but somsimes I just want to scream.   I have health issues as well and the docs don't know whats wrong with me.

kimberlygaeth
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM

My son was diagnosed with PDD/NOS on July 7, 2011.  His mood changes day to day so we never really know how he is gonna be till we start the day.  Michael was 9 years old when he was diagnosed.  It took 8 years to diagnose him.  We went to 6 doctors before we finally found a doctor that would listen to me.  One thing I have always remembered as a mom is BELIEVE IN YOUR CHILD BECAUSE YOU ARE THEIR VOICE AND YOU KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM SO NEVER GIVE UP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)