Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Xavier is doing.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
Xavier is making get progress. His lead level is staying @ 30 and he is on monthly blood test. He is starting kindergarden in the fall. My husbands grandfather passed away last month, and he did really well at the wake..I took him out before a lot of people came in. He was having fun and talking to the relatives. He even try to make us laugh..Before he would've never done any of that.I am really proud of him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ROGUEM
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I don't know much about lead levels. Can you please explain it to the group?

Thanks

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Thats really good progress! :)

mallowcup17
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:35 PM

thats great progress!

RochelleFS
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Good to hear he is making progress!

aakeiser
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM
Lead level 1-10 normal good, anything higher not good, but it depends on the doctor on how to treat the higher levels. Xavier's was 41 when we found out. It was higher we are sure. They give them a pill that is really mostly a high dose of vitmines. The level will go up and down, because coming out of bones, and tissue. This is a good sign that it has stayed at one level for a month. If it went past 45 he would have to stay in the hospital and get cleaned out through IV. 45 or higher dangerous level. It still high, but we want it stay at one level, and hopefully we see it go down. We think he got the lead poisoning from an appartment we lived in..It is on the rise in our area due to people buying older house on the market., and state not making testing before buying a place. Lead paint from the 70s. Homes that were built in 70's or later is @ risk of having lead paint. They even found one that was built in 80's having it. Lead paint was taken off market in 1978. If you buy or rent a place and paint is pealing off go get a lead test kit, that is sign of lead paint. Kids will.eat the paint, touch it and put fingers in mouth and get it that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aakeiser
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Thanks for all your comments and sorry about spelling errors I cant do spell check on my phone. My internet is down, and cant use my computer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)