Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

let's be positive!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM
  • 19 Replies

Alright Awesome Momma's, we all know the struggles of having kids on the spectrum. BUT, autistic kids are amazing too. please list some of the awesome qualities that you absolutely adore about your kiddo. Don't forget to add a pic!!!

Angeleus, 6. he's always ready to make someone laugh

Joel, 3. he has the funniest and most infecious laugh you ever heard

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:15 PM

My son Aiden loves playing ball and he's really good at it. We went bowling today and he did really well. :)

korr1121
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:33 PM

My girls will just run up to me and give me a great big squeeze hug.  Brightens my day up completely!  My 12 year old is good at writing poetry, songs and stories and is well above her age level when it comes to that.

in love

Mom of 2, Austin and Taya (ADHD/Bipolar), Stepmom of 2, Layla and Neya (both PDD-NOS/ADHD)

Virginia Beach, VA   www.facebook.com/kristy.brownorr

ajs16919
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Quoting korr1121:

My girls will just run up to me and give me a great big squeeze hug.  Brightens my day up completely!  My 12 year old is good at writing poetry, songs and stories and is well above her age level when it comes to that.

I agree with you on the hugs. my boys give the biggest tightest hugslesbians

mallowcup17
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Selena has a great memory and a better sense of direction then me lol...its so great. 

RochelleFS
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Rhiannon is amazing with animals. She loves music and art.

ajs16919
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Quoting RochelleFS:

Rhiannon is amazing with animals. She loves music and art.

i LOVE that name!!! where did u get that from??

humbledmom310
by Kelly on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Okay you could have me typing all night about how wonderful my son is!! lol . He is the most sweetest and purest soul I have ever known . He has this incredible visual memory that his teacher believes is photographic. He loves to explore any new experience and when he is learning something new has incredible focus and doesnt get frustrated. He is always happy , very rarely crys , never has tantrums. I am in awe of my son and would never want him to be anything but who he is.

shell3m
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:42 AM

yes!!  great post!!!  :)  Dean is doing school work 2 years older then he should be doing!!!!!  isn't that wonderful??  He was in K doing 2nd grade work.  :)  My super smart little man.  :)

LIMom1105
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM

My son is a very kind boy. There isn't a mean bone in his body, he doesn't bully other children, tease them, or lie to us.  This was brought home to me recently when we encountered a little boy his age who is quite a bully (not on the spectrum as far as I know). After bemoaning all the things my son can't do, I realized, here is something wonderful that he is doing right.

He is smart and funny if he feels comfortable enough, you'll see that side of him. Also very affectionate, he likes to hug and get hugged and loves babies and younger children. Also animals.

RockinMama0608
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I agree  :)  Great post!

Will just has a personality that everyone loves!  You can't help but smile when he smiles or laughs.  His happiness is contagious  :)

Will is very into the arts.  He loves coloring, painting, and making crafts with random supplies.  He is very visual and notices everything about his surroundings.  He is also my little explorer!  He loves to swing and spend most of his day outside. 

boy on a swing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)