Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Caleb's home!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, I have a 10 yr. old adopted son who carries a diagnosis of PDD NOS.  He came to our home at age 2 1/2 as a foster child and we were lucky enough to adopt him.  He has a strong family history of mental health issues.  He just came home today from his 3rd inpatient hospitalization in a Behavorial Health Center due to his violent, agressive behaviors.  We don't know if we're looking at spectrum disorder stuff or mental health stuff, but this sure is keeping us on our toes trying to deal with him!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RochelleFS
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Welcome to  the group and best of luck finding the answers you seek!

shell3m
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Welcome!! to our little family here.  :)  Keep us updated on how things are going with Caleb ok?  My name is Michelle and I have 3 boys, Dean is 6 and our Autistic one, Garrett is 5 and Jackson is 1.  :)

welcome      wave

PageKing
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM

welcomeNice to meet you!!!  Keep us updated.

ROGUEM
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM

I love the way you put how lucky you were to be able to adopt him.  It is apparent how much you love him. I wlll be thinking of you. I hope you are able to figure out what is going on soon. I have a 7 year old boy that has aggresive behavior problems.  Medication has helped him alot.  I used to worry how I would be able to control him if he got any bigger. At one time a doctor asked me if I had considered institutionalizing him because he could get hard to handle. I told him I would figure it out and until I had tried everything I wasn't going to do that. Thank goodness the medication worked for him. It has taken away almost all of the agression and severly curbed his anxiety. I hope you are able to find a solution like I was. 

RockinMama0608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Welcome to the group!  He is so lucky to have someone like you bringing him into your family  :)  I hope for the best for your son and his treatments!

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Julie Welcome to the group and welcome home Caleb!

Gemini5
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Welcome to this wonderful group-you will never feel/be alone.I have 2 sons my youngest who's 8 yrs old is autistic and also has sensory integration disorder which amplifies his behaviours in/to the extreme at times. He is currently on medication and this has helped him. Everyone wanted me to institutionalize my son due to his extreme lengthy violent meltdowns but I said no-come into my home and help me so I have intensive inhome services and they have helped so much. All the best-many hugz sent your way!hugsyou rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)