Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it a full moon tonight??

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

Or are the crazies just out today?

Usually I do not have any problems when the kids and I go to the store or any other public place.  But today, it seemed like I got a lot of stares and people complaining about my kids.  It was a quick trip, so I let Jake grab one of the "mini" shopping carts to push around (They didn't have the car carts, and Will refused to get into a bigger cart).  Between Jake pushing the cart and Will walking, we were going kind of slow.  But, I made sure they were not in the way of other people.  Anyway, I got a lot of rude stares and people saying I should have left my kids at home.  Really?  They were good!  No running around, no screaming, no yelling, nothing.  One guy did tell me that I had two big helpers and how good they were. 
Well, we were in the juice aisle and I was grabbing something for the boys.  We were towards the end of the aisle and they were standing next to the cart.  All of a sudden, some teenage kid (older teen, like around 19 or maybe even 20) comes running around the corner and hit Will with the shopping cart.  That just set Will off, but I don't blame him!  To make it worse, the kid never said sorry!  It wasn't until I was on the floor hugging him when he asked if he was ok.  I was so mad I just looked at him like go away.. now.   Will was ok and recovered quickly, but I just don't like it when people are so insensitive. 

We get out of the store and Jake says he wanted to get a movie tonight.  I was fine with that so we stopped at the movie store.  As we were getting out of the car, a driver two spaces over hit another car just from parking.  They didn't even do anything about it.  They just went their merry way into the Country Home Cooking restaurant not even bothered by it.  I was just in total disbelief.  We went home after getting the movie...lol

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RockinMama0608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM

I don't mean this to be offensive (calling people crazies or anything).  Usually things are never like this when we go out.  It was just odd....lol

RochelleFS
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:55 PM

sounds like an eventful day

shell3m
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:01 PM

wow!  I swear some people just weren't brought up right....

ROGUEM
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Sorry I sure have had shopping trips like that.  Sounds like the other people are the problem not you and your children.  I would shake that off to the lack of compassion in the world today and be glad you are not like them.

iluvroman
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:17 PM

it seems like the majority of people are rude now a days. i think our special needs kids are what makes us more sensitive and the rest of the country's a lost cause. i hate hate hate when i get glares or comments. seriously? be nice people!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)