Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Son Talking to Girl on phone....How did this happen?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

My 11 just got off the phone with a girl he used to go to school with.  They haven't seen each other in 2 years and she calls out of the blue. He didn't know it but I stood outside the door and listened. Not to be noisy but I was just hoping he would be able to utilize enough social skills for it to be a success.  I really don't want him talking to girls at this age but I so wanted it to go well to. I didn't want it to be a social disaster for him.  It sounded to go okay. She asked him to go to the movies (parents get to come) so it must have gone okay.  Sounded like a lot of quiet akward pausing but maybe that is how it is with pre-teens talking.  Of course my son said he wanted to go.   So here is come ladies, I am about to navigate the water of pre-teen dating...uggghhhh   I just don't want him to get his feelings hurt, but at the same time I know I got to let him grow to be a man.  I feel like I am kinda watching my baby bird flapping his wings.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JenniT2011
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Scary and exciting at the same time! It sounds like it went well since she asked him to see a movie. I hope you all have a great time!

RochelleFS
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:12 PM
This is a tough one. DD just turned 10 and already I have noticed boys taking an interest. Scares the bloody hell outta me. It sure is hard on us mom's. Good luck!
ROGUEM
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:22 PM

The girl seems a little brave to me.  Calls him up and asks him out. I guess I am just old school.  But on the other hand he would never do those things so maybe a girl like that is the only way something like this will happen.  I will keep my eagle eye on them at the movie...lol

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM

OMG! That's awesome :) Also would make me nervous LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)