• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh my god I'm so relieved

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:24 AM
  • 2 Replies

I've been worried about my 6 yo going to first grade since he had such a hard time with kindergarten. He's smart as heck just has a hard time controlling himself his dr's are 99% sure he has asperger's but we're on the waiting list for an official evaluation. But anyway along with the asperger's he has a list of other things going on and he's in regular classes I tried getting him an IEP last year but kept getting the run around and this year his class is on the small side and his teacher used to teach special education. He could not have been put in a better class short of the actual special needs classroom. Its only his second day and already I love his teacher. We have a meeting tomorrow to get a behavior plan set in place and ds goes to the dr Monday we're going to change his adhd meds to be taken in the morning and at lunch since even the extended release wear off in 4 hours with him. I'm just so happy that this year will be a great year and he has a teacher that knows what the heck she's doing.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM

That is so wonderful! So glad your son has a good teacher and seems like she has it together! :)

ROGUEM
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:55 PM

It is usually the teacher that makes or breaks a school year. So glad your child got a great teacher!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)