Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do they enjoy playing with the most?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

Do your kids have something specific they like to play with? Any particular toy or type of toy?

Conor loves robots and superheroes the most. I've bought him like cars and that sort of thing (matchbox cars, etc), but they don't hold a candle when it comes to robots and superheroes, LOL. Now I mention the thing about cars, because his cousin (also 4--just had his birthday on Monday) LOVES cars. He loves them so much he even sleeps with a few (and of course his favorite movie is Cars). And I think our family is kind of surprised that Conor doesn't have as much interest in them.  But hey, you know everyone is different.

So he loves Superman (he can hum the theme song, though he won't actually sit through the entire movie yet, he just loves the parts that show Superman), he loves the Incredibles, he loves Wall-E and Robots. His new favorite now I think is Megamind. I got it from Netflix and since last night he's watched it 4 times (he's at home with his daddy today). I will totally have to buy it for him now. I also have to replace the Incredibles because he's worn the disk out, LOL.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thatgirl70
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Whew, was afraid this didn't post. I'm having connection issues here, ugh!

Jadnorton
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM
Our almost four year olds love is tractors but not just tractors but John Deere Tractors. Tractor was one of his first words at 17 months and one of the only words he didn't lose. He can tell you the make of every tractor he sees along with the name and purpose of all the attachments. He gets very upset if you even mention a Ford tractor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Transformers.  In any shape or form, tv, toys, bed sheets, shirts, anything!  LOL

thatgirl70
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Quoting Jadnorton:

Our almost four year olds love is tractors but not just tractors but John Deere Tractors. Tractor was one of his first words at 17 months and one of the only words he didn't lose. He can tell you the make of every tractor he sees along with the name and purpose of all the attachments. He gets very upset if you even mention a Ford tractor.

That's cute. Tell him when he grows up, he can be a tractor repairman or something. That's what my dad did for years, LOL. Kubota and John Deere. 

thatgirl70
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Quoting shell3m:

Transformers.  In any shape or form, tv, toys, bed sheets, shirts, anything!  LOL

Yep, my son loves them too, they are robots to him. His Nanny (MIL) got him a Transformers toy the other day and he carries it everywhere. :)

momof3_dll
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Right now my 4yo son is really into coloring.  He also loves to play Angry Birds.  Otherwise he still isn't into any toys specifically.

Tricia98570
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Colby has ALWAYS loved anything w/wheels (tractors,monster trucks, matchbox, garbage trucks, etc)!! He used to play w/them upside down and just spin the tires, but now he plays very "appropriately" w/them and races them in the hallway alot. He also LOVES big action figures (the 10-12 tall ones like GI JOE,  etc). Colby often times will "steal" Molly's barbies or littlest pet shop and loves playing w/them, too (he's obviously not sexist, lol)!

jen0378
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:37 AM

My daughter is into anything really. She doesn't favor any one thing, quite unusual I know! lol! She does love her barbies and dollies, but also plays with playdoh, blocks (still duplos), markers, painting and anything active. Shes very very busy!

twins0506
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Izaiah loves cars!! He plays with them semi-appropriately. He will roll them and use the track. Then a few minutes later you will see him spinning the wheels.

Dezmond likes farm animals and the people that come with them...farmers I guess lol. Unfortunately its because he lines them up :/ but its what he likes! Oh and if you mess up his line.... Watch out!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aakeiser
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:56 AM

My loves robots and legos.. if you need to find a robot go to this we page www. toysforlittleboys.com they sell little robots and they are reasonable.  the don't break as easy as the ones you buy from a store. they also suport autism..when you buy something from them they donate an amount to autism..the robots range from 14.75 and up..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)