• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meet the teacher......I don't really want to go. **UPDATE AGAIN IN RED**

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:28 PM
  • 36 Replies

It's for Dean for his new school and quiet frankly I don't want to go.  We are going to sweat to death in the Van.  It's 102 here today and our van takes a while to cool off and the baby has a head cold, BUT I know we will go because I do want Dean to see the new school and teacher to help him but damn, it's from 5-6 which means it's the HOTTEST part of the day! ugggg,  I'm so tired also, the baby was up until 3am and then Dean woke up at 4am and then the baby woke BACK up at 6am, so I didn't even get to sleep until 7am this morning!   This just could not have come at a worse time.....uggggg.  I know I'm being childish and I don't care, it's H.O.T. and I'm soooo tired I could cry.  **pouting**  Hopefully it will all go well, I'll update you ladies when we get back on how Dean did.  :)  oh, and we have 2 teachers to meet in that short period of time, so we'll be running from one teacher after saying about two words to the other teacher to say another two words before time is up AND we don't know the school layout because it's a new school.   ***stomps feet and pouts***  I'll update you ladies don't worry. 

** I swear some people really need to read paperwork.  Last year at Dean's ARD meeting I thought everything was taken care of.  Garrett was staying put (the wouldn't provide transportation) and Dean was changing school so he can 1/2 and 1/2 of special ed class and reg. class.  WELL we got two papers for passmore and we figured it was for both of Dean's teachers.....but NOOOOOOO  they had Garrett registered there!!  WTF??  THAT was why we had two papers.  oh wait it gets better........ then we find out that Dean will be in special ed class ONLY!!!!!!  W.T.F???!!!!?????   We could have done that and left him in his old school so I"m changing his world for nothing??  what??  She said that she wants to ease him into a reg. class ummmmmm hey dumb bitch, we've BEEN DOING THAT FOR TWO YEARS ALREADY!!!!!   Now because someone in the office is a fucking dumbass, we have to do their work for them and get this taken care of in THREE days!!!  Why can't people just read paperwork for crying out loud.  I hate it when other's drop the ball and you have to fix it.  I didn't update sooner because I was so pissed off, I just sat around and cross stitched for a while.   Anyway, there ya go.**

--ok.  Last night my husband called their old school and told them what was up (in a message, no one was there) and they called me today and said that they will put Garrett with a teacher at the old school and tonight is Meet the teacher and to come into the office and they will tell which teacher it is.  That's 1/2 of the issue.  I still have to talk to Dean's teacher because I'm worried what this will do to him.  Are they going to let him do reg. work in the special class (it's what we did at his old)?  He's doing work that is 2 grades higher than him, he needs help with EVERYTHING else and I'm worried.  Why can't he just do what we've been doing for 2 years?  Why is it being presented different now than it was at the last ARD meeting.  I would have never moved him if I would have known this.  So now I need to talk to her to see if I need to move him back to his old school or if they are ACTUALLY going to work with me on this. 

Thank you ladies for all of your support.  I agree,  we should not have to work this hard for our special needs children and I'm so shocked because we have a wonderful school distric.  This is the FIRST time I have ever really been ticked off at them.  I swear someone new was in the office.  I will keep you ladies updated on how all of this is going to play out.  ((hugs))--

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shell3m
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:58 PM

bump!  :)

Tricia98570
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:41 PM

I know how ya feel! I only live a few blocks from the school, but it gets soo crowded and all that body heat, ugh! But I'll go to....ours is next week.

RockinMama0608
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:13 PM

((hugs)) I completely understand.  We lived in Texas and the last summer we were there it was over 100 degrees for two straight months... ughhhh  lol  Definitely don't miss that heat. 

I hope it went well tonight and that it cools down for you too!  I haven't been sleeping well lately either and I am dragging...lol.  Just waiting on Will to fall asleep and I am in bed =)

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Hope it went ok! :)

twins0506
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:56 PM
So how did it go?? I wish I got to meet the boys teachers :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROGUEM
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM

How did it go??? Inquiring minds want to know...LOL

shell3m
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM

bump for update!

Kaizensmommy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:38 AM

i am sorry mama i wish you guys luck

isotoner
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:22 AM

It's so annoying when the office doesn't process paperwork correctly.  It doesn't help with the heat outside either.  Good luck mama, keep us posted.

copper
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:41 AM

I'm so sorry your having such a hard time this year!  I hope things get lots better!  HUGS!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)