• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Cafe Mom and this Great Group

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello all I am Jaime. I joined this group in hopes of getting advice on other ways to help my 6 year old daughter who has high functioning Autisim, I am open to all advice as I am still learning day by day. Also looking for advice on how to get other family members to accept the fact that she has a form of Autisim

Jaime

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
twins0506
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Welcome to cafemom and the group :) this is a wonderful group and you will learn lots from here!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tricia98570
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know ya!

ROGUEM
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Welcome to the group!  My oldest son has Aspergers and because he is high-functioning everyone in the family had a hard time believing it.  I tried to explain it til I was blue in the face. They would say I was over reacting or that he was just going through a phase. Finally it came to me that it was too hard to explain it so I decided the best way was to allow them to observe it.  I made sure we spent a lot of time together in all sorts of situations. I made sure they were around in situations where his Aspergers would be most prevalent.  After awhile every, and I mean every, member came to me at different times admitted they understood what I was trying to say.  Some of the most stubborn members are now the most supportive.  Good Luck!  Most people need to be shown not told. 

MaryCEOmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Welcome to the group!

Mary Johnson

Helping People Achieve their goals since 1999!  

WebSiteFaceBook ,Twitter

Autiziumom
by Ana on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Hello jamie,
Im Ana. I have a six yr. Old with moderate autism. I hope we can help in any way we can. And about family. I woyld let them handle her n we will c how it goes. ThaTs wat I did. Good luck
RockinMama0608
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Welcome to CafeMom and the group  =)  We are so glad you joined us!

jen0378
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM
Welcome!!!
JKent958
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Welcome.  My family wants to believe my daughter is just a horrible mother and that is why my 6-year-old grandson is a brat.  I admit my daughter isn't the best mother but I was the person who informed her that maybe it isn't all her fault.  It is her fault that my grandson calls people bad names!  He didn't learn that from Veggie Tales!  We are waiting to get a diagnosis.  The new teacher hasn't completed her part of the huge packet of papers.  Also the public school kindergarten teacher actually apologized to us when he was removed from public school that she had no idea that he could be on the spectrum.

Haha_ma
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)