Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry I went MIA

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM
  • 2 Replies

I had just joined this group and was/am so excited to meet you all, but two weeks ago we lost our apt. in a fire so I haven't been back on much. We have now found a house to buy on contract and are getting settled in.

While all this was happening , redcross put us in hotels. I am divorced from the kids dad and I didnt want my daughter (or any of the kids) to be  sstaying in hotels when school was starting, so I sent them to stay with their dad for a week. While they were there, he took my daughter to her therapist and got her meds switched without discussing it with me! For some unknown reason they put her on concerta. I am confused and mad! We all know she has adhd also but is now really the time to be messing with her meds? ugh!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ROGUEM
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I am so sorry for all that you have going on.  On top of the fire and moving you certainly didn't need your ex making important descions without you.  Hugs!!!

RockinMama0608
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Wow, I am so sorry the past few weeks have been so rough  =(  When I was a kid we lost our home to a fire and that was tough.  We stayed in a tiny hotel room for a few weeks until everything was sorted out.  I do not blame you for not wanting your kids to go through that.  It was wrong of your ex to switch her meds without discussing it with you first.  I hope things get better for you!!  ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)