Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son's lips

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok , my non-verbal son is now 6 and is starting to mouth words but isn't using his voice yet. I think he is on the road to talking soon, what do u ladies think and has it happened to one of ur children?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:18 PM

THAT'S WONDERFUL!!!!!  oh my goodness I'm so excited for you.  Dean did that too.  He did it for a while before he actually said said anything BUT it is a move in the right direction!  :)  yea!!  :)

twins0506
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Dez does this sometimes :) its so exciting! Izaiah just starting talking he didn't do this though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy1245
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Thank u! How long b4 he actually said something?

Quoting shell3m:

THAT'S WONDERFUL!!!!!  oh my goodness I'm so excited for you.  Dean did that too.  He did it for a while before he actually said said anything BUT it is a move in the right direction!  :)  yea!!  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROGUEM
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:36 PM

my son still mouths words along with the Tv or anything else he knows by heart.  He has limited language. So yes I think this is a positive step towards speech! 

RochelleFS
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM
DD also did this at times and still speaks very quietly. How exciting for you. I encourage you to find a quiet place when he does this and tell him you know he is trying to tell you something and see if you can prompt him to speak louder. What great progress! Keep us posted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:42 PM

thats great, when they are teaching my son to say "Open" they have him just open his mouth like to do the motion of saying open... and he does... its a start!!!!

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:23 PM

it was four years ago so I'm trying to remember....lol  I want to say a few months?  I might have been longer but I at least a few months.  :)

Quoting mommy1245:

Quoting shell3m:

mommy1245
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Awesome, I so can't wait to hear my son speak!

Quoting shell3m:

it was four years ago so I'm trying to remember....lol  I want to say a few months?  I might have been longer but I at least a few months.  :)

Quoting mommy1245:

Quoting shell3m:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)