Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: The baby is sick....

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:16 PM
  • 26 Replies

J.R. took Jackson to the er last night/early this morning and we found out he has pneumonia.  It came out of left field, I mean I knew he had a slight head cold but I would have Never guessed this.  We have 2 bottles of meds and he has to take 5 mill.  4x a day!  wow, that's a lot; but anything to keep him out of the hospital.  Garrett had to be put in the Clear Lack children's hospital 2 years ago for the same thing and it was so scary and so many IVs and 2 days we were able to go home and now Jackson is following the same path?  I hope not.  My boys are like I was when I was little, I was sick ALL THE TIME but it did make my immune system stronger for when I got older, so I'm hoping they follow that too.  He took a nap and now he's back up and I just gave him more medicine and now he's attacking an old remote...lol.  I'll keep you ladies updated on how he's doing. 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twins0506
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:37 PM
:( I hate when babies are sick! They look so helpless. I hope he feels better real soon!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Quoting twins0506:

:( I hate when babies are sick! They look so helpless. I hope he feels better real soon!!!

Thank you Holly.  You and I both.

ajs16919
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM

aww, i'm sorry. my 3 year old is sick too. i'm worried because both of my boys have had pneumonia, whooping cough, croup, and bronchiltis several times. it sux seeing the little guys all hooked up to machines in the hospital bed. i hope Jackson starts feeling better soon. i know you are taking good care of him though ((HUGS)) 

armymomof2brats
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:22 PM

aww, sorry to hear this.. I hope he starts to feel better soon.

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:32 PM

thank you.  and I agree 100%  it is NEVER, EVER easy to see our little ones being so sick.  ((hugs))  I hope yours get better soon too. 

Quoting ajs16919:

aww, i'm sorry. my 3 year old is sick too. i'm worried because both of my boys have had pneumonia, whooping cough, croup, and bronchiltis several times. it sux seeing the little guys all hooked up to machines in the hospital bed. i hope Jackson starts feeling better soon. i know you are taking good care of him though ((HUGS)) 

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Quoting armymomof2brats:

aww, sorry to hear this.. I hope he starts to feel better soon.

thank you so much.

RochelleFS
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Oh no,HUGS. I hope he is feeling better soon.

RockinMama0608
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Poor baby  =(  I hope he feels better soon, Shell!

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Quoting RochelleFS:

Oh no,HUGS. I hope he is feeling better soon.

thank you Rochelle.  The good news is he's still eating his bottle really well, so that makes me feel a little better that he still has an appetite.

ajs16919
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:40 PM

thanks :)  i don't know what i would do without children's motrin!!

Quoting shell3m:

thank you.  and I agree 100%  it is NEVER, EVER easy to see our little ones being so sick.  ((hugs))  I hope yours get better soon too. 

Quoting ajs16919:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)