Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my nephew

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM
  • 1 Replies
There's something seriously wrong with my nephew. He's 8 years old starting the 3rd grade this year. He writes some of his numbers and letters backwards and out of order. He knows them and can say them out loud just can't put them on paper. His grandmother has custody and does not help him with HW at all. As a matter of fact he's always missing it or handing it in late. So I don't know if he doesn't know this stuff because he's not practicing it or he just can't do it. But I would think he's doing enough in class to atleast know how to do it. I just don't get if he's doing all this wrong how come his teacher isn't catching it?? Its not just this though. He is EXTREMELY hyperactive. There is no such thing as sitting still to him. He has attachment issues. He is extremely emotional to where he cries if someone says you have ketchup on your face. Since his entire family (including my brother) are deadbeats and don't want to do anything for him, I asked to get custody but they don't want to give him to me. I didn't fight for it I just asked. I know if I bring up my concerns they will brush it off. Last year the kid had a severe asthma attack with pneumonia on top of that and they barely took care of him.... Until I called CPS and scared the crap out of them then they stepped up a tiny bit. Smh I feel so sad for this poor boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:49 PM

awwww poor baby!  I hate lazy ass people when children need them so bad.  It sounds like he has ADHD with dyslexia.  I wish they would have givin' him to you.  :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)