Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Handmade blanket we got from the hospital...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:13 PM
  • 12 Replies

There is a program most hospitals have and you can make blankets foe the sick kids there.  This is the one they gave Jackson and I'm grateful to the person who took time to make it.  :)  He loves it!  :)

Jackson playing with his new blanket....  he looks all dopped up because of his meds, poor thing.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jadnorton
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:18 PM
My aunt makes those blankets and we are the owner of one. Love the thought!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twins0506
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM

i love those. we got one when izaiah was in nicu. it was a hat and blanket. it was the sweetest thing ever. those people make you feel so much better after seeing your liitle guy laying there so helpless. :'( sorry bringing back the bad memories lol.

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Quoting Jadnorton:

My aunt makes those blankets and we are the owner of one. Love the thought!!!

tell her thank you from me,  it really does comfort during a stressful time.  I hope she keeps at it.  What did yours look like?

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:30 PM

it really does make a difference while you are all sad and stressed out!  I agree 100%.

Quoting twins0506:

i love those. we got one when izaiah was in nicu. it was a hat and blanket. it was the sweetest thing ever. those people make you feel so much better after seeing your liitle guy laying there so helpless. :'( sorry bringing back the bad memories lol.

RockinMama0608
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:32 PM

That is awesome!!!  =)  We've never been to a hospital that had the blankets, but we have gotten stuffed bears before.

I hope he feels better soon!

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:38 PM

awww a stuffed bear is so cute too.  :)  We got one of those when Garrett went into the children's hosptial, it was so cute. 

Quoting RockinMama0608:

That is awesome!!!  =)  We've never been to a hospital that had the blankets, but we have gotten stuffed bears before.

RockinMama0608
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I like the bears too  =)  The blankets are really nice too though!!!

Quoting shell3m:

awww a stuffed bear is so cute too.  :)  We got one of those when Garrett went into the children's hosptial, it was so cute. 

Quoting RockinMama0608:

shell3m
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I wasn't expecting them to come with that, I was like, what the heck...  lol  It was a surprise, a nice one though.

Quoting RockinMama0608:

Quoting shell3m:

Quoting RockinMama0608:

RockinMama0608
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Very nice surprise!  I wish I was good at making blankets... I would definitely make some to donate to the hospital  =)  But, mine would probably fall apart after the kid touched it haha!

Quoting shell3m:

I wasn't expecting them to come with that, I was like, what the heck...  lol  It was a surprise, a nice one though.

Quoting RockinMama0608:

Quoting shell3m:

Quoting RockinMama0608:

RochelleFS
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Awww...how sweet. Our hospital used to do hand made puppets for kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)