Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

school is gonna be a challenge monday!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:03 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi ladies!! I am new to the group. I have a 10 yr old son with autism. He starts school on Monday the 22nd and I just know I'm in for it!  They moved his class to a new school and the whole transiton is just a mess! For me ! I went to meet the teacher day today (at least he has the same teacher) and it was so unorganized and unhelpful!! I am Mexican American and this new school is majority the same.Well, I don't speak Spanish (unfortunately) and evryone I asked a question to spoke to me in Spanish!!!! To top it off no one knew where the new special needs class was so my son is gettin restless, impatient and everyone is looking at him act out. I felt my blood rise just alil bit too much today! Whew! Anyway, glad to join the group!big smile mini

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ROGUEM
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Welcome tinatyty2011.  I think everyone is having the hardest time this year with school.  We could start a thread just on bad school experiences!  I have an 11yrs son named Matthew and twins boys -Jonathan and Stephen that are all on the spectrum.  My youngest moved classrooms this year and I really thought it was going to be horrible, but he handled it very well.  I hope that for you as well.  I felt the same way when I left my children's registration, like I learned nothing and it was so unorganized.  I also felt like the teachers didn't want to be there and just wanted it over.  Please keep us posted about Monday.  Hope everything goes great for your son!

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Welcome to the group! Good luck with the new school!

tinatyty2011
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Thanks for letting me know there's others out there that can relate. I hope all goes well for my boy on his first day and wish that for all these SPECIAL kids on their first day of school! smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)