• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a Maid

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

Not a nanny...even though I would love a night out with my husband once in a while lol. I need someone to take care of my house when I have to spend an hour outside with my Asperger daughter having a meltdown because she is convinced the big fat gray shoelace is a snake. I need someone to do the extra laundry that piles up when my NT who is 2 wants to sneak in the bathroom and play while mommy is busy getting big sister to just eat a freaking bite of the sandwhich (though she never will). I need someone to do the dishes that dont get done because I spend half the night with my special girl helping her go to sleep and the other part of the night sick as a dog from a hernia that needs to be repaired but I have no time to do because of that sweet girl that just happens to have Asperger's. I don't remember the last time I used a mop. I spent an entire Saturday putting away clothes. Dishes wouldnt be so hard except Cheeseball hates the noise (though its one of those silent ones), the washing machine pushes sewer gas (not harmful but smells like rotten eggs) up the kitchen sink pipes and well that gets Cheeseball upset as well. I know it's messy and sure I could clean during the 4 hours she is gone a day...but then Turkey Legs would never get that mommy time she wants so badly. She knows once Cheeseball is home that mommy's attention is not only shared but often focused on keeping her big sister from hurting herself or someone else. I need a maid. Yep thats my conclusion. A maid. Now if I can only get my DH on board with the idea...

washing dishesjuggling

jigsaw ribbon

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ROGUEM
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I couldn't have a maid because I would feel like I need to clean up before she got there....lol

ROGUEM
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Time is fleeting and we only get some much time to bond and love them when they are little (the whole Cat's in the Cradle thing). I think it is more important than housework.  Soon she will be in preschool and then you will have more time to clean. Enjoy these years they are precious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)