• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he was up all night...........

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

o.k. remember we went to the autisim spec clinic and he behaved so badly right! well.........that nighthe never went to bed all night, I gave him some benadryl so that he can go to sleep that morning, well he slept for 45 minutes, he woke just as lively as he was all night he never yawned the whole night, nor through out the day until finally 7:45 pm he began to yawn and 8:30pm he went to sleep until 4:00am crazy right.do you think he was so wired from his anxiety that he couldn't sleep or is his condition becoming worse what do you think???????

Miss. Butterfly

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM

He mustve been upset/ nervous that night... I gues you now know that benadryl doesnt work for him.  8:30-4 is pretty good though in my house

britniwheeler
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM

I don't have an answer for you at all but I would love to see what others have to say because this has happened so many times with our son. He will sleep only 4-6 hours on a good night of sleep, other nights I will be up all night with him. Its scary, because I never know when he will get in to some thing.

butterfly193
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:34 AM

yu know usually his naps can go all day I mean he may lay down for a nap at 12:30 or 1:00 pm and may never awake until 3am. but other days he will lay down for bed at 8:30pm and awake at 3am, what is this? do you go through this.

Miss. Butterfly

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I try to not let him take naps so he'll sleep at night a lil better. if he does fall asleep I try to wake him up so he doesn't sleep all day

shell3m
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM

maybe try cutting out his nap all together or making it shorter.  See if that helps at all.  There are times when Dean will go down at 9 and wake up at 3 or 4 am.  I put him on the small couch with his pillow and blanket and I sleep on the big couch when he does this.  He's in a room with his 2 brothers and I don't want him to wake them up so I just move him until it's time for school.  Sorry I don't have more info. to help mama.  ((hugs))

Quoting butterfly193:

yu know usually his naps can go all day I mean he may lay down for a nap at 12:30 or 1:00 pm and may never awake until 3am. but other days he will lay down for bed at 8:30pm and awake at 3am, what is this? do you go through this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)