Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll - Do you have a hard time keeping your house clean?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you feel that your house is clean and well maintained most of the time?

Options:

yes

no

sometimes (more clean than not)

sometimes (more messy than not)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

I started thinking about how hard it is to keep the house up with our children constantly dumping, spilling, collecting, and having meltdowns.  Not to mention just the time it takes to care for them.  That time is what would usually be allotted for cleaning. Lady Osgood's post about wanting a maid describes the problem well.  Also sadly there have been several posts recently  about irate husbands thinking not enough housework is being done.  They don't realize the amount of time and effort is spent in a day.   As moms of special needs children, we have enough on our plate, we don't need to feel we are not being good housekeepers on top of that.

So if you want to vent on this subject go ahead.  If you have any secrets of keeping your house organized and clean please share. 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
navyjen
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM

My house is always in a state of disarray.  Either the dishes are done or the laundry is done its never all done and its never all clean.  I work full time and have a 12 year old on the spectrum and a wild crazy 2 year old.  Hubby works full time and by the time we are done with dinner, baths, homework, story time, play time there isnt much time for housework. 

britniwheeler
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM

My house is always chaotic. I have given up, since I am the only one who ever puts anything away! I have a 6 year old struggling with a lot of things, a 5 year old and a 9 month old, plus I am 22 weeks pregnant. I am tired and could care less if the house was spotless, as long as it is livable and isn't unsanitary.

mallowcup17
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM

i clean at night, during the day the living room is gross but i try to tackle the kitchen and bathroom during the day and vacuum constantly it seems. hoping our next place is hardwood lol although im sure ill find a reason to whine about that too. its mostly clean but you have to catch us at the right time lol

ColleenMarie81
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

every family i know who has an autistic child has issues with the house being cleaned and a lot of them have been reported because of it. boooooo

mostly they have clutter and then of course dealing with the child they dont have time to clean house.

i have two boys and am working on my oldest to clean like putting clean clothes away and dishes in the sink but that is work for me as well because he does not want to do it so i have to pay him to do it he loves video games so he can get games with the money

i would tell all of us to try to get the kids to help and  make it fun they have to do it at school so they can do it at home it just takes effort sing the clean up song and tons of praise if they are younger

now as far as my house it is a mess but we are working on it hence my 6 year old helping and i have hired help to keep the boys so i can work on it and i have hired a maid for heavy duty work my back cant do  

briansmom123
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I am naturally a neat person who likes everything in it's place and I like to have the whole house cleaning done at one time but with my autistic child, I spend most of my time caring for him, homescholling etc.  I manage to keep it from being a dump but the dusting and vacuming and bathrooms don't get done as often as they need to be.  I think I am also putting thngs aways and fighting the clutter, ugh

gogetem
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I can't keep up with these boys!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)