Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick Mommy...(TMI)**UPDATE**

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so I think I have an intestional blockage. I am in severe pain, can't pass gas, or have a bm. If I eat or drink I puke it back up. This has been since 9/9. I know I have another hernia as well. It's right above wher the mesh is that fixed the other hernia. I dont know what to do. My daughter will freak if I go tot he hospital, she needs her routine and I am part of it. My family does not know how to handle her. They dont understand her behavior. Hubby said tonight that he is dragging me to the doctor tomorrow but I dont know if I can make it the rest of the night...I am already feeling faint though that may be nerves or dehydration. Just pray for me please. I know it wont help her if I dont care for myself but I also know she doesnt handle mommy being gone very well. I know they will want to fix the hernia...the last outpaitient surgery i had ended with a week stay in the hospital. a week...how can i go a week...ladies i am just scared.

I called my doc this morning and she worked me in. She prescribe the industrial stength lol laxative (DH calls is Drain-O) and said if this doesnt work,, or I can't keep it down (which is proving to be hard but I am determined) that I will need a scan of my stomach and have to be hospitalized if there is a bloackage. Cheeseball seems to understand Mommy is sick and is behaving pretty well for daddy.

jigsaw ribbon

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ColleenMarie81
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

so sorry you have to deal with this i wish you well

ROGUEM
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM

can you do an enema?  I have a friend who gets blocked all the time.  She gets polyps and puts off getting them lasered. She swears by enemas.  I think you can get them at Walmart or Walgreens which are open all night.

I have never done one but I think they give immediate relief.

I am so sorry you are suffering so.

LadyOsgood
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I have tried almost everything I know starting with simple anacids thinking just really bad heartburn, then i realized i havent gone in over a week. then i noticed the new hernia...the last one was cutting off circulation to my intestines. as long as i dont eat or drink i dont hurt as bad but if i ingest anything its coming up and i endure hours of pain. hubby thinks i am fully blocked since i cant keep anything in me...it has no where to go.

Quoting ROGUEM:

can you do an enema?  I have a friend who gets blocked all the time.  She gets polyps and puts off getting them lasered. She swears by enemas.  I think you can get them at Walmart or Walgreens which are open all night.

jigsaw ribbon

ROGUEM
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM

I am so sorry but it really sounds like you are going to have no choice but to go.  I put things off with my health too because it is so hard on my children and my husband.  There was a breast cancer scare earlier this year and I had to have surgery. It was very sad because my husband had to stay at home with them and I had to go through that without him there. It really sounds like you can't put this off any longer though.  I finally had to say that I have to get this taken care of so I can take care of them. I will pray for you that you can get this all fixed and that your daughters will be okay while you are going through this.

Sending you a big "I am so sorry"  HUG!

Quoting LadyOsgood:

I have tried almost everything I know starting with simple anacids thinking just really bad heartburn, then i realized i havent gone in over a week. then i noticed the new hernia...the last one was cutting off circulation to my intestines. as long as i dont eat or drink i dont hurt as bad but if i ingest anything its coming up and i endure hours of pain. hubby thinks i am fully blocked since i cant keep anything in me...it has no where to go.

Quoting ROGUEM:

RochelleFS
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Dealing with illness and doctor and hospital visits can be scary. It sounds like you care for your dd very much. If you want what's best for her it becomes necessary for you to care for yourself. I am beginning to see this myself. I wish you the best and hope you are feeling better and recovering soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)