Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get Andrew to understand..

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

Andrew has been riding his bike all summer, but now we have a little bit of a problem...he wont stop riding down the middle of our main street. Cars zip though this street and I am afraid Andrew will get hit by a car. I make sure he wears a helment but i tell over and over "no riding in the middle of the street." I have tried taking his bike away, I have expressed to his play mates that Andrew isnt allowed to ride in the middle of the street. And now Andrew also just zips across the street without stopping or looking. I just dont get how I can teach him that this is not okay.

Any help please?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ColleenMarie81
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:44 PM

no ideas this is one reason we dont have a bike hope someone has a good idea good luck

lovebeingmrs
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Andrew has worked very hard to learn to ride and it has been helping his mussels to get stronger, I dont wanna be so over protective but i dont know how to teach him sometimes. Its seems like taking his bike is the only way that gets him to understand.

RochelleFS
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:46 PM
Can you supervise his bike rides? Maybe riding with him for a while and teaching safety rules. It might also help to create a social story about bike safety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebeingmrs
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Quoting RochelleFS:

Can you supervise his bike rides? Maybe riding with him for a while and teaching safety rules. It might also help to create a social story about bike safety.

That would a great idea about riding with him..thank you so much..i will look for bike safety on the net..thank you again

shell3m
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:09 AM

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

Quoting RochelleFS:

That would a great idea about riding with him..thank you so much..i will look for bike safety on the net..thank you again

I luv ya Rochelle, you always have such great ideas!!  :)   I love this idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)