Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

son repeats himself under his breath

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have a 15 yr old who has Aspbergers and a 5 year old who has not been diagnosed with anything yet. My 5 yr old has developed a habit where he will talk and then the last part of his sentance he repeats under his breath, like a whisper. It is all the time. He has other things that I have seen that remind me of his older brother. Is this a sign to be concerned about? Has anyone ever experienced this?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ROGUEM
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Is that the MAIN thing that is raising concern in your mind?  I do have to admit that my twins both repeat themselves in that fashion but I also think your son could be copying your older son.  He may see him doing it and think that is a normal thing to do. If that is the MAIN thing, I would talk to him about it.  If there are other signs then I would get him tested.  Hope this helps....HUGS

paisleysmum
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:50 AM

it sounds like echolocatia, If thats the only thing he is doing I wouldn't worry too much, but start watching for other things like hand flapping or swaying little things like that. if you start noticing more then I would look more into it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)