Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This sneaky stuff has to stop.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

DJ tried it again yesterday.  That boy I swear he just doesnt get it.   I got off work early yesterday so I was calling him to tell him to be ready when I get home to go to the grocery store with me.   And to make sure his homework was done.   Here is the phone conversation

Me:  Hi Buddy!  What ya doing?

DJ:  Watching tv.

Me:  I will be home in 30 minutes I need you to be ready when I get home to go to Krogers.  Just run outside.

DJ:  Silence (at this time i hear whistles blowing, balls bouncing and kids screaming)

Me:  DJ are you at the school?  Are you watching basketball practice??

DJ:  Yes, mom. 

Me:  Why did you lie to me?

and it went on for a bit

The point I tried to make to him was had he just called me and asked me to go watch basketball practice I would have said yes and told him to be home at a certain time.  He is 13 he can handle that.   But what I can stand is the sneaking around.  Had I come home early and not called and not found him there I would have freaked out.  

DJ has lost xbox through the weekend.  The best part is my husband brought home the newly released game he wanted yesterday and he couldnt play it.  I made him explain to Ray why he wasnt allowed to play xbox. 

When is he going to stop this crap??  I am starting to wonder what he has been doing that I havent caught him at???

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
armymomof2brats
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Wow!! I am sorry he is doing this. I hope you guys can find some middle ground and that he starts asking to do stuff. 

britniwheeler
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM
My son is 7 and is the same way, some times I feel he is a chronic liar, because he lies about things that just simply don't make sense. He is very sneaky about everything and is too secretive. I wish I had answers for you, because that would mean I had some thing that was working for my son, but I don't so here is a bump for you! Hoping someone can help...
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM

omg i woulda flipped out. ((hugs)) i guess the teenage stuff has started.

ROGUEM
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM

I am so sorry he did that.   I don't think his lying is from autism but from being a teenager.  I am not looking forward to this stadge at all.

Hang in there.

hwifeandmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM

My *husband* does this (he has Asperger's) and it drives me crazy!  My husband can't lie in certain situations (like when a cop pulled him over for speeding, my husband not only confessed to speeding but failing to register the car at our new address and for having a broken tail light that wasn't even turned on!), but when I ask my husband about little things, he'll lie.  He can't tell me why he does it, and I can't figure it out.  It's usually over things that wouldn't be a big deal (like your son going to basketball practice) but become a big deal after he's lied about it (like your son, because you wouldn't have known where he was). My husband doesn't *think* he's lying when he does it.  He just figures I need an answer and any ol' answer will do, especially when it's not about anything important in his eyes, so he'll just provide an answer whether or not it applies.  Even though it often ends up creating a big problem, dh doesn't seem to be able to stop himself from doing it.  Every time he's surprised that it upsets me.   I hope your son "gets it" sooner than my hubby!

shell3m
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Damn Jen that sucks!  Dean is doing the same.  He tries to sneak running water to play with or climbing and jumping off the bookcase.  Or trying to get away with things he KNOWS are a no-no,  I just stand stare at him like are you kidding me! ugg.  ((Hugs))

tsk tsk

twins0506
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Sorry to tell you but ummmm he's 13. The sneakiness is just beginning!! Lol. Buckle up because you're in for a long ride!! Good luck! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)