• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy birthday to me!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's my 30th... Why am I at work with a very busy day ahead?

Bah humbug!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mallowcup17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM

happy birthday!

armymomof2brats
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Happy Birthday Katie!!

Jadnorton
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Happy Birthday!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navyjen
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:53 AM

You beat me to it.  And let me be the one to tell you the 30's have by far been the best decade yet.  Turning 30 was really hard for me but once I realized that it was just a number and I was still my youthful self it became great!!  Happy Birthday to you Katie!!

Kittie26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Well I'm going into it kicking Zumba's ass and on my way to a thinner me, so I hope the positive attitude that comes with it will help me have a rocking decade!

Quoting navyjen:

You beat me to it.  And let me be the one to tell you the 30's have by far been the best decade yet.  Turning 30 was really hard for me but once I realized that it was just a number and I was still my youthful self it became great!!  Happy Birthday to you Katie!!

twins0506
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Happy birthday!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Happy Birthday How as your day?

nicksmom217
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

happy b-day, i hope at least some of your wishes will come tru . i know not everything you want will completely change, but i wish for you to have easier days a head.   hugs

Kittie26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM

OMG it was non-stop busy! I knew I always take off on my birthday for a reason! I spent the past two years in Ocean City, MD, on my birthday. It's cold at the beach in November, but it's not crowded, and we can walk the beach without a bunch of crowds and we can visit Assateague and be almost all alone with the horses. This year, we didn't have the money and I thought it'd be silly to take off a day in the middle of the week when I'd be much better served to take off Fri and Mon and get a 4-day weekend. I did enjoy those days off, but I came back with sooo much work and today had half a day of meetings so it was nonstop the entire time!

Then I got home and Aly wanted nothing to do with me because she's getting sick and was clinging to my mom, with whom she'd spent the whole day. My mom had cleaned like the whole house and made my favorite dinner and bought me wine and gave me footie pjs (even though she'd already given me a $200 shopping spree for a wedding a month ago and another $100 to get my hair cut and colored over the weekend). I swear, my mother was the saving grace to an otherwise stressful day. And I DID thank her for giving birth to me, which many people never think to do. 

Phew, now that that's off my chest, I'm going to have another glass of wine! :)

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Happy Birthday How as your day?

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM

that sounds like awesome gifts. i love jammies. i bet they are cute! i'm wearing plaid jammie pants right now LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)