• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could be Autism?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone!  I'm new to this site as of yesterday!  My daughter is 2, will be 3 in March and we are currently waiting to have a medical evaluation done to see if she is somewhere on the spectrum.  She has been receiving speech and occupational therapy for a year and has thrived under this program.  We had an educational based autism evaluation done in May and she scored within the means to receive additional services which ulltimately we did not pursue because they had inadequate staffing levels.  Kay can tell us "eat" and "milk" but cannot tell us specifics.  She just in the last month has been able to recognize that I am Mommy and who her Daddy and grandmother are.  No matter what the outcome, she is precious and the best thing that has ever happened to me!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tairakittie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Hi (again)! Ive been going through the same exact thing with my son, he actually just started saying daddy and even his own version of mommy this past week! Good luck getting a diagnosis!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Hi Welcome to the group! I have a 5 year old son who has Autism his name is Aiden, my name is Wendy.  Welcome again! 

nicksmom217
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM

hi, welcome to a group, this is great place to be. allot of mothers here with little once, some one will have information for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)