• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this much fighting in 2nd grade the norm?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

So Selena has been getting hit at recess, but at the same time she is hitting other children too. We arent sure of the stories behind the incidents it just seems to me like her class(or her school maybe?) has a lot of these issues. 

She is in a half special needs(for part of the day) then spends the rest of the day integrated with the rest of the grade. I *think* recess is a mixed group. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM

BUMP!

mallowcup17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM

i did some research and the school has an anti bullying program and apparently a study done a few years back indicates that kids in this age group do fight but there are lots of factors that make it a "normal" thing like being rewarded for their action and popularity. ugh....the whole thing upsets me. 

shell3m
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Wow!  Has her birth bitch OH sorry I mean  "mother"  set up a meeting at the school to see what's going on with that??

I know for Dean this year his defiance is OUT OF CONTROL and I think it's because his new class is letting him get away with more than his old teacher did.  I do NOT approve of that.  Maybe your husband can ask the teachers to all talk to each other about what can be done. 

chattinmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:43 PM

At Hunters school parents can come volenteer to be on recess duty.  Maybe see if you can come help out at recess to keep an eye on things?

mallowcup17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:55 PM
There was a meeting today they basically said its not an issue they are ignoring it and letting it go just like in Deans case

Quoting shell3m:

Wow!  Has her birth bitch OH sorry I mean  "mother"  set up a meeting at the school to see what's going on with that??

I know for Dean this year his defiance is OUT OF CONTROL and I think it's because his new class is letting him get away with more than his old teacher did.  I do NOT approve of that.  Maybe your husband can ask the teachers to all talk to each other about what can be done. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:59 PM
Its not an option right now we live 45 mind away have one car and my DD is still at home with me

Quoting chattinmom:

At Hunters school parents can come volenteer to be on recess duty.  Maybe see if you can come help out at recess to keep an eye on things?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicksmom217
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM

recess is a very hard time for kids, specially kids like ours. my son went trough allot of that in elementary and of course, no one ever saw anything, my son was a lot of times, pushed, verbally abused at recess.

mallowcup17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM
Honestly 75%of the time she is the aggressor and they take no action to punish her. We are afraid she will seriously hurt someone

Quoting nicksmom217:

recess is a very hard time for kids, specially kids like ours. my son went trough allot of that in elementary and of course, no one ever saw anything, my son was a lot of times, pushed, verbally abused at recess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM

See? I don't get why they are letting things go.  This school year is really messed up.  Even Garrett's teacher is being lazy.

Quoting mallowcup17:

There was a meeting today they basically said its not an issue they are ignoring it and letting it go just like in Deans case

Quoting shell3m:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)