Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Sigh"..Needing Some Advice And An Intro!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM
  • 1 Replies

Hello ladies!

I am new to the group btw,and my name is Petra.I hope to speak to some of you and hopefully make a few friends! I have two children.My son (4 1/2) whom will be 5 Dec 20,and my daughter (2 1/2) will be 3 Dec 4! Yes, I have both December babies and I am so gracious.My son has ADHD and Aspergers.
He was diagnosed Feb of this year,and I tell y' it's been a heck of a ride.I still do not know all I'd like to know about it, but I hope to learn more as I take this journey with him..I am very scared about him growing up,and how he is going to do in public schools.He starts kindergarden next year...My heart races,and I get a tension headache thinking of what could happen.All I know is what I've learned from his pediatrician..I've looked up informative sites,and not too much of what I am looking for--yet.
His ped knows he is super smart.My son has had a fascination with reading since he was 2,and never put a book down since..So reading is his "thing"! And YES he can spell simple words,and knows basic addition and subtraction.I don't know where he gets it from? That I am thankful for..But what his ped has told me about Aspergers scares me...
He said some children with aspergers have a problem with social interaction,emotional and anger issues...Kind of funny when he said that because my son has developed horrible anger problems.It has gotten to the point If he doesn't get his way, or is he mad at something he doesn't like someone doing? He tries to punch or kick--
He's done it to me,and his little sister.As a parent I do feel helpless sometimes..Like I should "know" how to help him! They've offered therapy, and developmental peds etc. BUT with Medicaid developmental peds is pretty much what they'll cover unless he is MORE extreme..Which angers me a lot! SO I started a petition at Change.org and here is my widget:
https://www.change.org/members/7258235

My son inspired me to make a change in my own self,and his and for EVERY kid with autism,spectrum OR aspergers..I am so tired of seeing parents and children rejected high-end treatment because they're not "severe" enough to receive it..That's a load of crap,and these people are all the same! Some have it more severe? Yes but you shouldn't be denied car for yourself or your child---
So please sign my petition! Lets make a change.

Thanks ladies

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
nicksmom217
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM

excellent thing you're doing for your kids and kids everywhere with autism. you're right, specially, when it come to school, if a child has Aspergers or HF Autism, public schools, don't take this kids seriously or to give this kids, aid or shadow or help they need. thank you and good luck to you with your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)