Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 simple questions about your ASD child(ren)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM
  • 69 Replies

No really, they are very simple questions. Please answer them about your ASD child, or children. One post per child so we don't get all confused by those who have more than one on the spectrum. :)

Name:

Diagnosis:

Age Now:

Age Diagnosed:

Your favorite attribute of your child:

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kittie26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Name: Alysse Vienne -- aka Aly

Diagnosis: PDD-NOS

Age Now: 2y5mo

Age Diagnosed: 2y2mo

Your favorite attribute of your child: I can't pick just one. She's soooo dang smart and beautiful and funny and she's just learning new things and expressing herself in new ways every day. I love everything about her!

nicksmom217
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Nickolas, HF Autism,  going  to be          13, , in December dx,   at 9.  my son is smart, sometimes dipper then kids his age, observant about little things, that people take for granted,sweet, funny, good  dancer, excellent ear for music, affectionate and gives the best massages, supper good for being creative.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Name: Aiden Kaleb

Diagnosis: Autistic Disorder

Age Now: 5

Age Diagnosed: 3

Your favorite attribute of your child: He is silly and helpful and loving and always loves me even on a bad day LOL 

Kittie26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM

What a beautiful Irish name. May I ask why you named him that? 

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Name: Aiden Kaleb

Diagnosis: Autistic Disorder

Age Now: 5

Age Diagnosed: 3

Your favorite attribute of your child: He is silly and helpful and loving and always loves me even on a bad day LOL 

britniwheeler
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Karl Douglas, goes by Douglas
Diagnosed with Autistic disorder, SPD, femoral anteversion (and being treated as ADHD)
7 years old
6 years old
He tries so hard to please us. He is very smart and tries so hard it breaks my heart seeing him struggle. I know he wants to be able to do things we expect of him, he just can't sometimes.
Also his talent with houses, building them, drawing them and creating blue prints is amazing. We think he will be an architect some day. :)
shell3m
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Quoting Kittie26:

Name:  Dean Allan --  aka  Deno Ba Beno

Diagnosis: PDD-NOS

Age Now:  6

Age Diagnosed:  2

Your favorite attribute of your child:  When he was in K he was doing 2nd school work, and how when he's in our world he's the best big brother to his little brothers.  :)

aviatioNation
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Name: Zachary Malichi

Diagnosis: high functioning autism

Age Now: 3

Age Diagnosed: 2

Your favorite attribute of your child: He's crazy good at math. He can already do multiplication tables up to six.

sissyboogs
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Michael John (Mikey)

Dx: PDD-NOS, but they/we believe it's more likely Asperger's, he's going back for re-evaluation in January

Age now, 3 1/2

Diagnosed at 20 months.

I love that he's smart, funny, caring, determined, and helpful.

MrsMalsam
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Name: Damian

Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory processing disorder

Age Now: 22 months (2 in the end of December)

Age Diagnosed: 18 months

Your favorite attribute of your child: Damian is the happiest child I have ever met. He is so sensitive to my feelings and so protective over me, even at such a young age. He has such a willingness to learn and absorbs as much as he can. Although he has major tantrums and meltdowns that can be quite violent, he always makes sure that I am okay after the fact when he regains control. Damian is the absolute light of my life!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kittie26
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:03 AM

What is femoral anteversion?

It is so sweet that he tries so hard to please you. At 7, is he aware of his diagnoses and that he's different from other kids? At 2, I know Aly doesn't know and she thinks all the therapies she gets are just play time, but I'm concerned about how she'll act when she has more awareness. Whether she'll take the wanting to please route or the defiant route. I guess we'll see!

Quoting britniwheeler:

Karl Douglas, goes by Douglas
Diagnosed with Autistic disorder, SPD, femoral anteversion (and being treated as ADHD)
7 years old
6 years old
He tries so hard to please us. He is very smart and tries so hard it breaks my heart seeing him struggle. I know he wants to be able to do things we expect of him, he just can't sometimes.
Also his talent with houses, building them, drawing them and creating blue prints is amazing. We think he will be an architect some day. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)