Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Needing some gift ideas for a 6 yr old autistic boy

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

When I shop for gifts for my stepson I tend to look at things that are for younger children. He's 6 but acts more like a 4 yr old. Any advice & ideas would be greatly appreciated!

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nicksmom217
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:07 PM

when my son was 4, he liked racing cars, he could play with them for hours,he liked building blocks and later was in to Lego's.

ajs16919
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:04 PM

my boys both love those dinasours that have a button their back and when you press it they walk and move the head and roar.

greenskittlessp
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:07 PM

My son who is on the Spectrum is 6 and verbal. It all depends on what we get he doesnt ask for much but he has asked for an IPAD. But recently he has liked Mario stuff. We do have legos got a spongebob one for Christmas already for him. Also got him and his sister (4yr old) a Tag reader to share. He is so hard to buy for my dd has a list a mile long while his is short yet costly (sounds like my teenagers list lol)

steph2884
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 12:47 AM

It depends on what he likes. My son is 4, and he loves things that have wheels and move. It could be Hot Wheels, or it could be Neo Tracks. He also loves cause and effect toys. He likes marble runs and bead mazes. You can also google search autism toys and several websites will come up that will give you ideas for age range and skills.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Nov. 19, 2011 at 8:20 AM

what about a race track with cars? i'm getting my son the imaginext batman playset, i think it may be a toy he will grow into, he likes to watch us play action figures. imaginext also has some cool dinosaurs. 

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Quoting steph2884:

It depends on what he likes. My son is 4, and he loves things that have wheels and move. It could be Hot Wheels, or it could be Neo Tracks. He also loves cause and effect toys. He likes marble runs and bead mazes. You can also google search autism toys and several websites will come up that will give you ideas for age range and skills.

My 5 year old son loves those things as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)