Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a better day.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have to say that today is much better than yesterday. I wanted to ask other mothers if they have a problem with their children being up in their faces wanting kisses and hugs all the time. My son is always wanting to hug me or kiss me. Sometimes its so frustrating and invades my personal space. He has no boundaries with me no matter how hard I try. Am I all alone?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajs16919
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:37 PM

my 6 yr old is high functioning and my 2 yr old in not autistic and my 3 yr old low functoning. sometimes they are ALL on top of me at one time. my huband works evenings so i am by myself with them most of the time. usually by the time they go to sleep my skin is crawling and i just want to get everyone away from me. so yeah, you are def not alone!

Momma2JandK
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:47 PM

My little guy doesn't always show affection.  There are days when I'm so excited to get a kiss and a hug and to have him wrap his legs and arms around me like a koala, that I could just wet myself.  Enjoy it while you can, it may not last or happen again.  I worry about this so a lot...I love his hugs and kisses and can't stand to think about the 'what if' it stops altogether. 

mallowcup17
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:52 PM

she's like this with her sister a lot more then me or dh. but i totally understand it, she was like this when she was younger to everyone but since we had her sister it seems to all be focused on her. 

2awnry
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:26 PM

part of autism (aspergers) is they don't understand personal space our boundaries. I have a very difficult time with this personally because I am very sensitive to people invading my personal space. My daughter is always too close, or kissing, or putting her hands in my hair, or leaning on me. It's all the time. I'm not trying to sound cold. I have 4 other children, and I love my babies, and love the kisses and hugs and affection, but Aspergers IS what it IS. 

Hang in there... 

twins0506
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Same here. Sometimes its all at once then sometimes its nothing at all.

Quoting ajs16919:

my 6 yr old is high functioning and my 2 yr old in not autistic and my 3 yr old low functoning. sometimes they are ALL on top of me at one time. my huband works evenings so i am by myself with them most of the time. usually by the time they go to sleep my skin is crawling and i just want to get everyone away from me. so yeah, you are def not alone!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunsign4u2
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:51 PM

thanks ladies. it means alot to have some where to ask questions and get answers. I love my son but it drives me crazy sometimes. I am trying to hold him away then he becomes angry and we all know how that ends.

ajs16919
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah you get kicked in the crotch or bit in the face. we know all too well! LOL

Quoting sunsign4u2:

thanks ladies. it means alot to have some where to ask questions and get answers. I love my son but it drives me crazy sometimes. I am trying to hold him away then he becomes angry and we all know how that ends.

ROGUEM
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:53 AM

My youngest is like this but his twin hardly gives any hugs or kisses. So I have one who gives too much and one who gives too little.  I always say one has the personality of a dog and the other a cat...LOL.   I do understand what you mean.  Sometimes it is just too much hugs and kisses and on my lap and right next to me.  I really have come to understand that too much of a good thing is not always good. I try to tell myself, he is just showing love the only way he understand too. 

shell3m
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Dean has started to do this with strangers.  Example: we'll have some new people over, that WE know but the kids haven't meet yet and Dean will crawl into a lap in the first 5 min.  ummmmm they don't know you Dean!  lol  The look on their faces is priceless...lol  I usually run over there and help them out but sometimes most people don't mind, that's always neat.  Every now and then he'll want to hug and kiss on me when I'm trying to deal with his two other brothers, now that's just bad timing right there...LOL! 

tinatyty2011
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:56 AM
Dez has a habit touching heads. I guess you can say he smells them too. :) But it can become irritating sometimes. We're working on it though. But as far as hugs and kisses, I need all I can get from him! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)