Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi! My name is Crystal and I have a son who was diagnosed with Aspergers and ADHD just over a year ago. He is 7 years old. I also have a 4 year old boy. I have never really looked into any type of group setting and after being on a TTC board here I decided to check this out too.

My son Vinny is a very smart boy and while in 1st grade is reading and doing math at a 2nd and 3rd grade level!! I am very proud of him. He is a chewer and can't be around loud noises.

Little brother DJ is very hyper and happy. He is in pre-k and they are doing tests to see if he falls on the spectrum. I don't see anything in him that I see in Vinny and just think that he may have ADHD also but know I have to go to the DR for that.

I am hoping to find support and help with some behavior issues we have been having here. Thanks!!

I also put this in the startup post, but wanted to introduce myself here too!!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ROGUEM
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Hi Crystal, my name is Michelle and I have 3 boys on the spectrum.  My twins are in 1st grade too!  My oldest son is in 5th grade.  This group will feel like family to you in no time.  I call it my happy therapy because I always feel better after coming and talking with everyone.  Please feel free to post any questions or thoughts you may have. 

Welcome again!

Michelle

When you say a situation or a person is hopeless, you're slamming the door in the face of God.  ~Charles L. Allen

http://www.cafemom.com/group/112775

Kittie26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Welcome, Crystal! Make yourself at home!

ajs16919
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:19 PM

welcome to the group! my name is Brandi. i have two boys on the spectrum ages 7 and 3, and a daughter not on the spectrum that is 2. you will love this group. there are alot of great and supportive ladies here!

melissarose72
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Welcome to the group. My son will be 5 in January.

LivinDeadGurl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)