Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ASD Moms: Click Here for Help with Diagnosis, Treatment, Potty Training, Meltdowns and More!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
  • 652 Replies
100 moms liked this

Welcome to Autism: Support Across the Spectrum!

You're in just the right place for support, information, tips, and advice from moms just like you!

Visit the links below to find help with some of the most common issues facing moms with children on the spectrum:

Plus, see what ASD moms are talking about today in Spectrum Support.

You can jump right in by replying to one of the discussions above or start a post of your own.

jigsaw ribbon  We're so glad you've joined us!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM
13 moms liked this

Thanks for sharing now everyone can see the posts. Welcome all new and old members :)

horselover66
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM
17 moms liked this

I have signed up to receive some support and advise from other mom.. my son is on the spectrum of high functioning autistic.. Our main struggles are in school.  He can usually last till about 12 :00  before meltdowns or stress.. can anyone relate?

aidensmomma508
5 moms liked this

Is there a way he can take a break before it starts? like to take something to the office, or a bathroom break , or like a sensory break?

Quoting horselover66:

I have signed up to receive some support and advise from other mom.. my son is on the spectrum of high functioning autistic.. Our main struggles are in school.  He can usually last till about 12 :00  before meltdowns or stress.. can anyone relate?

crazehappymom
4 moms liked this

Just joined group....mom of severe sensory processing disorder child that has yet to be diagnosed on spectrum.  I, as his mom, feel he has mild autism but who knows.  It's rainy today and we are all about to lose our mind with his hitting, and impulsivity!  Trying to figure out something to keep him happy in doors but no luck....any ideas?

marisab
26 moms liked this

Quoting crazehappymom:

Just joined group....mom of severe sensory processing disorder child that has yet to be diagnosed on spectrum.  I, as his mom, feel he has mild autism but who knows.  It's rainy today and we are all about to lose our mind with his hitting, and impulsivity!  Trying to figure out something to keep him happy in doors but no luck....any ideas?

Welcome to the group my son Johny is 4 and spd and mod autism with a variation of williams syndrome .Please add me and if you have any?,comments or trials and tribulations i am here!!;-)can of worms

boyswitha
17 moms liked this

I thought I would check this out, I do not twitter and not much face book.

My boys are older and hopfully I can be of service to some young mothers.

I have one son who has learned to be a mechanic and one son we are still searching for his own thing.

Let them be as much normal as you can.

Parents must teach the basic skills, let the schools and support help with the rest.

I have to go for now, please contact me through e-mail if you have a question.

Thank you

jromine
2 moms liked this

I think that my son may have Asburgers, at least it has been suggested by a few people I know, just wondering if there was a chat room I could talk to another mom and possible get some advise

aidensmomma508
1 mom liked this

great advice thanks for posting, your boys sound to be doing good! 

Quoting boyswitha:

I thought I would check this out, I do not twitter and not much face book.

My boys are older and hopfully I can be of service to some young mothers.

I have one son who has learned to be a mechanic and one son we are still searching for his own thing.

Let them be as much normal as you can.

Parents must teach the basic skills, let the schools and support help with the rest.

I have to go for now, please contact me through e-mail if you have a question.

Thank you

horselover66

at the beachTHE SCHOOL IS NOW ALLOWING HIM TO DO THAT NOW.. AND IT SEEMS TO BE HELPING.. FRIDAY THEY TRIED TO MAKE HIM EAT LUNCH IT THE CAFETERIA AND HE GOT REALLY UP SET.   BUT THEY HAVE STARTED ALLOWING HIM BREAKS...NOW IT SEEMS HE IS MISSING SOME OF THE CLASS ROOM WORK

amvoss39
1 mom liked this

Hi my son was diagnosed 2 years ago with epilepsy, aspergers, and adhd. We have been strugglling very hard in school he is 8 and in first grade for the second time. When we started school in August he started out pretty good but toward the end of September he started regressing and has regressed so much academically that he is now learning kindergarten academics. He struggles very hard in the classroom. He can not function well at all in a full class setting not to mention the social aspects that he deals with. He has gotten to where he is very negative about hisself. His dad and I encourage him and tell him all the good things about himself but it hasnt helped much. When he is really stressed we have noticed and the teacher has noticed that he chews on things. He bit his self at school last week when he got really frustrated. We really dont know what to do at this point. We are in the process of neuropshychological exams  and he is now on half days at school. Does anyone one have a child with these 3 situations that can offer adivice. We have been very open with him about the epilepsy and why he has to have medicine but  I really dont know how to explain the autism to him. Help!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)