Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

ASD Moms: Click Here for Help with Diagnosis, Treatment, Potty Training, Meltdowns and More!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Autism: Support Across the Spectrum!

You're in just the right place for support, information, tips, and advice from moms just like you!

Visit the links below to find help with some of the most common issues facing moms with children on the spectrum:

Plus, see what ASD moms are talking about today in Spectrum Support.

You can jump right in by replying to one of the discussions above or start a post of your own.

jigsaw ribbon  We're so glad you've joined us!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Replies (661-669):
Rmarie784
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hello, I have a 16 year old son who is going through a lot of adulescence problems. I try to do things with him to experience fun things in his life.  But, he gets so loud & obnoxious & it's driving me crazy. I don't know what I can do to handle him. It is so hard sometimes on us parents, people have no idea what it is like. What can I do to deal with this stressful time. It has never easy, but I'm having a hard time with him, what can I do?

luluvargas
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:11 PM

My daughter is a 10 yr old diagnosed with mild autism. She had an IEP evaluation at age 4, for the public schools. Public school special ed was not rewarding or beneficial for her. She has since started attending a small private school where she is learning and making up for lost time. We live in Marrero LA. We are trying to find where she can have another IEP evaluation done. Her school is requiring it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

March142012
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:12 PM
My son has not been diagnosed, but I KNOW something is off. He was in PT and OT and early intervention but was stopped because he looked like he was thriving. I am beginning again next week. I am so frustrated with no name to call his oddities and no idea how to help him. When we stopped everything I shook off my instincts ( and I was tired of feeling crazy like it was my imagination) my oldest is 15 months older than Zayn and he is completely opposite. I just want to know how to help my son. I want straight Answers. What can I do to push the issues this time because now all I see is time lost and I don't want to lose anymore.
kgomboc423
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Hi, my name is karen. My ddaughter is 11 years old and going into middle school. I'm so anxious, I really need someone to talk to.

Raspie
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Im happy to join!!!! My son has Asperger's Syndrome. He is 13 years old now and he has overcome so much. As he enters the teen years, I am blown away by the challenges I face.  Looking forward to connecting with others.

PattyMcCartney
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:31 PM

My 19 year old was diagnosed with Aspergers in School

He graduated from High School . But , seems to need motivation to learn to drive and go to college . How do I help him to be more independent ?

steffie810
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM
thank you all for a place that understands the challenges I face. Austin is wonderful loving boy of 4 years old. He has been going to the learning center sence he was 3. They are tyring to help him get ready for going to school and not be too far behind. I don't feel its enough, there has to be more help out there. He still doesn't speak or communicate Will with others. And its a battle to potty train.
butterfly30970
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Trying to get him a job it is frustrating.Can sit on the computer for hours no problem.Went for job training kept saying he was tired and kept taking breaks .Try to talk to him we end up arguing now I sit here crying what did I do wrong.

Aymeigh222
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2014 at 8:40 PM

This is my first time on here. Not sure what to do next.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)