Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

ASD Moms: Click Here for Help with Diagnosis, Treatment, Potty Training, Meltdowns and More!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Autism: Support Across the Spectrum!

You're in just the right place for support, information, tips, and advice from moms just like you!

Visit the links below to find help with some of the most common issues facing moms with children on the spectrum:

Plus, see what ASD moms are talking about today in Spectrum Support.

You can jump right in by replying to one of the discussions above or start a post of your own.

jigsaw ribbon  We're so glad you've joined us!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Replies (661-663):
xox3
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Hi I am new here but my son is an adult now with epilepsy, adhd, PDD nos and now as an adult has depression with alleged bipolar. I recommend dont focus so much on his weaknesses. Highlight his strengths. Our children are VERY smart. Find him a friend that can be very helpful. My son had one friend (his cousin) who knew my son was special but he accepted him with love and aupport. Love and Structure are pertinent. get him active in a "calming"activity like swim. It will help, I promise.

Quoting amvoss39:

Hi my son was diagnosed 2 years ago with epilepsy, aspergers, and adhd. We have been strugglling very hard in school he is 8 and in first grade for the second time. When we started school in August he started out pretty good but toward the end of September he started regressing and has regressed so much academically that he is now learning kindergarten academics. He struggles very hard in the classroom. He can not function well at all in a full class setting not to mention the social aspects that he deals with. He has gotten to where he is very negative about hisself. His dad and I encourage him and tell him all the good things about himself but it hasnt helped much. When he is really stressed we have noticed and the teacher has noticed that he chews on things. He bit his self at school last week when he got really frustrated. We really dont know what to do at this point. We are in the process of neuropshychological exams  and he is now on half days at school. Does anyone one have a child with these 3 situations that can offer adivice. We have been very open with him about the epilepsy and why he has to have medicine but  I really dont know how to explain the autism to him. Help!!!

Rmarie784
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hello, I have a 16 year old son who is going through a lot of adulescence problems. I try to do things with him to experience fun things in his life.  But, he gets so loud & obnoxious & it's driving me crazy. I don't know what I can do to handle him. It is so hard sometimes on us parents, people have no idea what it is like. What can I do to deal with this stressful time. It has never easy, but I'm having a hard time with him, what can I do?

luluvargas
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:11 PM

My daughter is a 10 yr old diagnosed with mild autism. She had an IEP evaluation at age 4, for the public schools. Public school special ed was not rewarding or beneficial for her. She has since started attending a small private school where she is learning and making up for lost time. We live in Marrero LA. We are trying to find where she can have another IEP evaluation done. Her school is requiring it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)