Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

ASD Moms: Click Here for Help with Diagnosis, Treatment, Potty Training, Meltdowns and More!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Autism: Support Across the Spectrum!

You're in just the right place for support, information, tips, and advice from moms just like you!

Visit the links below to find help with some of the most common issues facing moms with children on the spectrum:

Plus, see what ASD moms are talking about today in Spectrum Support.

You can jump right in by replying to one of the discussions above or start a post of your own.

jigsaw ribbon  We're so glad you've joined us!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Replies (211-220):
T.J.Mom
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Hello I have a 4 year old son with autism and any info u can give me I would be grateful I live in Gainesville Tx and I have been trying to find the programs and camps for my sonboy kissing mom

elkmomma
by Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Hello,

We are rearing an aspies pre-teen and need advice now an then from others.

We currently have a team of specialits, but there is nothing like the advice and comfort from others dealing with similar issues.  Besides it nice to know that we are not alone in our upside down little wold. 

KitKat483

I am not a mother yet, but am planning on being one sometime in the future. However, I'm an aunt of 2 nephews with Asberger's Syndrome. I myself was recently diagnosed with AS myself earlier this year. I relate to other family friends of mine whom have children of their own in the autism spectrum. I was adopted into a family of 8, half of them also with special needs: 2 brothers w/ ADHD, one brother w/ bipolar, another with brain damage to the frontal lobe of the brain from damaged surgery, and one more brother w/ microcephaly,also with severe autism to that of a 6 1/2-1yrs of age.

Because of my AS, I find it difficult to socializde w/ the rest of my family, particularly James, with his severe autism. What is your advise to cope with him? I find it hard because he cant talk or focus. I want to help him, but how? I hope my experience about my vast family was useful to some of you. I would enjoy a comment. It is rare that I come across others in the social world who truly understand those with autism. Thats why I chose this website. people here understand and care. Thank you,   - KP

debp113

is there anyone in ellijay ga or close that has a teen with aspherger that needs a friendship our grandson loves computers avid reader no learning disabilties his is social interaction.

mookie6517

Hi everyone!  I'm on here because my niece, who is modertely autistic, wi;; soon be going through puberty, Any of you Moms, gone tgrough this ?  Not really sure how to explain everytjing to her in a way that she can understand.  I don't want to scare her or mess her up for life, ya kknow ?

momof29700

Is there an option where he has half day school or have you considered homeschool for him.

joseph77

Hi, I am new here. My oldest son is epleptic and we are getting ready to start diagnosis for Asperger's syndrom. I had been questioning doctors about autism sence he was an infant but it wasn't until they vidio recorded him for 3 days to diagnose his seizures that a doctor came to me and said they thought he might have something. I am interested in any advise or information I can find. I have already done a lot of research on the topic but any more information would help. Mostly I am exahusted. i am a single widow with 3 boys. My oldest is 9 and he is the one with special needs. trying to teach him what he needs to learn while trying to teach my other kids what they need to understand about David and what they need to knnow about life while trying to learn about it all myself is exahsting.

somaticsea
Hi everyone.... Just thought I might introduce myself. My husband and I have a blended family. Between us we have 4 boys (3full time). 10 (ASD), 4 (ASD), 4 (being assesses), and 2 (ASD). As of feb I am home full time with them. They make life interesting and very full! Anything I can share to help others, or anyone else dealing with mult diagnoses I'd love to talk!
JudyKit

I need some advice! I am 51 years old and have 2 grown children. I just got married to a man that lived alone but has grown children. I knew his youngest, who will be 20 in a few days, was Autistic and living with her mother. Yesterday his ex told him that their daughter needs to come and live with him because she got a bad report at the Dr. and won't be around long. His daughter has not dealt with the separation and divorce very well. She has said she doesn't even want to meet me. I have never had to deal with an Autistic child or a step child. I feel like I am in way over my head. I want the best for her but I am really concerned if I am up to this at my age. And there is a good possibility that she will be living with us forever. I love my husband very much and want to be a positive person in his daughter's life. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Angelwings32

I am glad there is somewhere I can go to vent and ask for help when I need it.  My husband doesn't understand or doesn't want to. My son has aspergers, adhd, and odd. Sometimes the meltdowns are too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)