Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love this

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

I just love that there are people like this in the world. She's amazing. And before you knock her provocative outfit, I think she wears it to bring attention to what she's doing in the hopes that others will follow suit and help those in need. JMO

Female Superhero Chinese Redbud Woman appears in Beijing

From Netease:

20121231-chinese-redbud-05

This May, a female “superhero” appeared in Hong Kong, wearing low-cut black tights and blue mask, called herself “Zijing Woman” (紫荆侠) or “Chinese Redbud Woman”. She handed out food and cash to some Hong Kong residents. The mysterious masked female vigilante received great attention in Hong Kong.

However, on December 24, a “female superhero” also appeared in Beijing, wearing exactly the same outfit as the “Chinese Redbud Woman” of Hong Kong.

“Today is my first day as the Chinese Redbud Woman, feeling a little nervous. Already prepared the military coats and food for the elderlies, also many thanks to the hand warner friend gave me.” She called herself Chinese Redbud Woman in her microblog, mysteriously appeared on the cold streets of Beijing on Christmas Eve, in front of the Wangfujing Bookstore, at the Xidan subway station and other places, distributed clothing and gifts to beggars and homeless. Beijing residents and netizens also started to talk about her.

20121231-chinese-redbud-01

Who is this beautiful woman? Why is she doing that? Reporter contacted the “Beijing Chinese Redbud Woman” via private message on microblog. She said that it does not matter who she is and also stated that what she did was not a publicity stunt, “just wanted to help these people who are in need.”

20121231-chinese-redbud-02

20121231-chinese-redbud-03

20121231-chinese-redbud-04

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mallowcup17
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM
That's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottubgodess
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM
I love positive stories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:56 AM
How Awesome! Super heroes are the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)