• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

more interesting quotes check it out!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

These are quotes by Temple Grandin 

If I did not have my work, I would not have any life.

The really social people did not invent the first stone spear. It probably invented by aspie who chipped away at the rocks. While the other people socialized around the campfire. Without autism traits we might be still living in caves.

" The big companies are like steel and activists are like heat. Activists soften the steel, and then I can bend into a pretty grillwork and make reforms.

" I thought I could fix everything with engineering."

more quotes

People are always looking for the single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet.

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.

A very small degree of hope is sufficent to cause the birth of love.

A mother's lobe for a child is like nothing else in the world. It has no law,no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.

"austists are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole. Is not that the hammering is hard work. It is that you're destoying the peg.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
letstalk747
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

love anything she says

mom2zachy122
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I respect Temple Grandin very much.

I especially like the quote about the no magic bullet.  With my son and within my work I have seen that over and over again.  There is no one pill, no one approach, no one "super therapy".  It's about the hard work of assessing and treating from so many angles.....

odie_driver
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I love the quotes and you are so right, there is no magic bullet, no magic therapy that will fix everything. Hard work, picking what's right for your child and being diligent is what the "magic' is all about!

Keep what you need and TOSS THE REST LOL!

Quoting mom2zachy122:

I respect Temple Grandin very much.

I especially like the quote about the no magic bullet.  With my son and within my work I have seen that over and over again.  There is no one pill, no one approach, no one "super therapy".  It's about the hard work of assessing and treating from so many angles.....

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:42 AM

great quotes and it gives me some insight that's for sure! 

jigsaw ribbon

mom2zachy122
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Quote:

Keep what you need and TOSS THE REST LOL!

Amen!:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)