• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my yongest son Jackson is in the ER.....**update**again....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM
  • 15 Replies

He's back home and they gave him a steroid shot and checked him for RSV so he has a bloody nose but he's doing better and we have meds to pick up tomorrow.  THANK YOU ALL for your support and kind words, it really meant a lot!  ((hugs))

**he's on a breathing treatment right now.**

Jackson was born with weak lungs so every time he gets sick we worry, well this time it isn't good.  His lungs are working OVERTIME to try and work to get him oxygen.  JR took him to the ER, I had had a few beer while watching my Giants game and the second they heard him they rushed him off to X-RAY.  We've already been twice to the Children's hospital with Garrett and now I'm afraid Jackson will be there too.  I hope not.  It's horrible to watch him try to breath, his chest pumps twice and then his stomach goes out once and the skin near  his collarbone goes inward.  If you take a deep breath and make your collar bone stick out, you will see how hard he's having to breath with EVERY breath.  I'v freaked out.  I'm worried.  I just needed to vent I guess.  I'm going crazy sitting here with nothing to do.  I'm waiting for a phone call and I'll update you ladies when I know something.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenMarie81
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 PM

i hope he gets better fast you will be in my thoughts

nona2006
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 PM

i know the filling my oldest swon israel had a lung transplant but he now have sevier asthma and that he breahts if he is geting a bad asthmas attack but i have alot of faith in childern hospital he is in the best heand and whit great doc will pry for you and him let us know wat tehy let you know

salsasara
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM

My son had asthma early in life, but he seems to have more or less grown out of it.  One night, when he was about 18 months old, he had what I suspect was the "swine flu", and he was retracting too, but a second round of his inhaler and he was okay.  I was two seconds from calling an ambulance at that point, but I'm glad I didn't have to!  Now, he's much better and cough medicine helps when he gets a cold.  It's still rough to hear him cough a lot with each cold, but at least we don't have to do the inhaler anymore!

I hope your son grows stronger as he gets older, and the emergencies get fewer and fewer!

mallowcup17
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy819
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Hope he's ok:)
valleymomma1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Hope all is good my little man has a tight chest to I have been giving him an inhaler through a chamber I hate this he just changed preschools so I suspect new jerks since his fingers go in his mouth a lot . Hopefully they treat your son &send him home.
lizvig
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM

in my thoughts

planetjelen
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:53 AM

{{{HUGS}}}

3690inspire
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:09 AM
I hope he gets well soon and I'll say a prayer for healing for him. ((HUGS))
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) I'm glad he's back home now. I read your status update then saw this so glad for the update he's home. ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)