• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I made it!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM
  • 8 Replies

today my husband had to be 150 mi away with his mother as she was failing in health.  i've only ever parented my 8-yr old ppd/mr nephew, ej, with him.  (sickening i know)  needless to say i was....terrified!  okay i had to get him to the bus by 730 am without incident...then get our other two children 50 miles away to the dentist.  well, after the dentist my van acted up (frustrating)...in the middle the school called and rj needed to be picked up as he head-butted his speech teacher and therefore could not ride the bus home...and to top it all off my son had depleted the battery on my cell phone listening to music (he was in sooo much trouble).  so basically i had no lifeline!   well, the van finally started after the repair man came to help me.  he assured me i could drive it home....then picked up rj...talked to his aide...walked past the forlorn looking bus with rj brimming with tears...as i gently explained all the way why he could not ride(no meltdown thankfully).  oh yes and we live on a ranch, only 12,000 acres..so were sort of busy...when finally arriving home...the bum lambs needed feeding, along with the 7 puppies,1 mother dog...oh and somewhere I made goulash,convinced rj to do his homework without too much resistance, break up a squabble over the computer...did have help cleaning up supper and dishes from my older son. locked up my chickens & puppies,  two showers tonight with the little boys,,,another feeding for the lambs..book read....tummy fixed...eczema soothed....whew...almost sounds worse than it really was....and I MADE IT!  god bless you all!   

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ROGUEM
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Girl there ain't enough Calgon to take you away...LOL   Way to go SuperWoman!

VeronicaGomez
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Wow! You are amazing! I'll think of you next time I'm feeling overwhelmed ;-)
Ela18
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Good for you.  You made it.   Another day in your very full life.  You deserve a big box of chocolates.

Ela :)

mallowcup17
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Wow you did make it. Good job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyOsgood
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM

bow downHats off to you Mama!

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Good job! :) Ya did good!

kickinit
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

aw shucks...yall made me feel like superwoman!  I forgot to add that i prayed, and oh yes,almost cried several times...my sons of course did not see the good side you all did!

mopsmommy5
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Congrats on a great day!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)