Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SHOCKED!!! SO MAD!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

I thought Church was a good place.  I need to change churches.  My son loves to go to early morning church.  There are only two other kids in Sunday school that early.  Everyone knows he has Aspergers and they say they praying for him.  I thought everything was ok.  Well after service the Preacher told me that I shouldn't bring my son to church anymore he is to disruptive.  If I had not been sooo shocked I would have gone to jail today.  It just goes to show there are SELF RIGHTOUS, SANCTIMONIOUS AS@#$%@# even at church.  I won't set foot even in the parking lot ever again. 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamacough
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Aww, I am sorry mamma, HUGS

cristyautismmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this
We go to a very large church, they are SOOO supportive because my son isn't the only child that goes there with autism. There are always 15-20 kids in his nursery class and the ladies in the nursery are so helpful in getting him in and settled. Actually the reason we chose our church is because each parent gets a beeper that will vibrate if something happens and your child needs you. Love that! When we were searching for a church family I went to the church office of several churches and asked them about their policy on how to assist the children with special needs and their families.
beautisticaware
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I have had the same thing happen to me. Now, I'm afraid to attend a new church.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Wow really? I'm sorry. At our awana club there are 3 (4 once my son gets diagnosed) kids with autism. 2 of them are fine. Have a few problems here and there but generally fine. The other 1 is more difficult. We try our best to keep him included in the room with the other kids. Sometimes that means bringing play dough for him to sit and play with to give his hands something to do. Sometimes we have to take him out of the room and have someone sit with him while he dances around. He is a wonderful child and we would never ask him to leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleNiccum
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Going to do that.  I never thought these people would do that I grew up in that church.  They have been there everystep on the way.  Well, that is ok.  God will fix it.  I'm not going to let this hurt my relationship with my lord.  I will be praying for that church.

Quoting cristyautismmom:

We go to a very large church, they are SOOO supportive because my son isn't the only child that goes there with autism. There are always 15-20 kids in his nursery class and the ladies in the nursery are so helpful in getting him in and settled. Actually the reason we chose our church is because each parent gets a beeper that will vibrate if something happens and your child needs you. Love that! When we were searching for a church family I went to the church office of several churches and asked them about their policy on how to assist the children with special needs and their families.

Ela18
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Dear Michelle,

I am so sorry.  Maybe it is only a few people at the church and the rest are fine and would want you to continue.   I know how you feel though. Once hurt it is hard to heal.    Keep looking for an accepting church.  I need to find one too.  My spouse does not want me to bring my son as he is a different religion.  It is very hard sometime. 

Ela 

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM

That really stinks! I am sure there are more supportive churches around. ((hugs))

AspieAuntie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM

That's terrible! Sometimes it strikes me as odd how people who devote their lives to a Lord that preaches tolerance and love can be so intolerant. I'm sorry your relationship with your church has been damaged. I, too, grew up in one particular church which is now having a lot of trouble due to a change in pastors. Look around your neighborhood, I'm sure you'll find a church that is more tolerant and suited to your needs.

Pamle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Guess this isn't popular, but if he's disruptive, then he needs to be removed, just like a crying baby. 

mom2zachy122
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

Guess this isn't popular, but if he's disruptive, then he needs to be removed, just like a crying baby.

If you read the OP, it sounds like her son was in a Sunday school class while she was in church.  That's not exactly the same as "disruptive" in church. 

I'm sorry this happened.  IMO, this was handled in a manner that was not in imitation of what Christ would do or would have us do.  I undersand being annoyed with distractions, it annoys me too, even when it's my own kid.  And yes, it IS more considerate for a parent to pull out a child who is loud in church (which, as I said, I don't think was the case in the OP).  But we don't have a "right" to a quiet service.  Those Christ preached to certainly didn't and yet they managed to internalize the Word, live by it and spread it to the four corners of the earth.  Children should be just as welcome at Christ's house as adults are.

The energy spent complaining to the pastor in order to have a relative in Christ kicked out of church could have been better spent brainstorming on how to actually help another in need IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)