Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does pop rule?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM
  • 25 Replies

Holy moly, I made it thru my husband being gone for 2 days and 2 nights...whew.  Really it wasn't that bad even though I had chores to do on top of caring for the two little boys.  They enjoyed helping out too.  rj is a regular little egg getter, but needs to get better about the delivery into the egg basket.  lol 

I am wondering how everyone views giving your children pop.  I've taken rj off of this completely during the week.  He has had some this weekend, which i'm thinking is a mistake.  His behaviors are okay, but wetting the bed again.  His folks told me on fri that he had been doing a lot of that at home(bedwetting).  I also found out he had free range on the pop.  He had not wet the bed all week with no pop.  How do you all feel about this and how does it affect your children?  It becomes quite an issue with it at the house keeping it in a place where i can monitor it and the deathly word no, when its not appropriate to have it. (meltdown)  How do you handle this?drinking beer

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shell3m
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

by pop you mean soda?  My boys NEVER have soda, that's an adult drink and even most adults don't need it.  It effects your stomach, kidney, bladder.  Just not good.

kickinit
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM

yes sorry...soda!

shell3m
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

LOL  no, no you're fine..lol  I'm just in Texas.  :)  I would be concern because pop eats away the lining of your stomach and can lead to ulcers, that's what I meant by stomach issues.  Just wanted to elaborate on that.  :)

Quoting kickinit:

yes sorry...soda!

kickinit
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM

oh how i know...your okay...up here in sd we call it pop...must be soday down there,huh lol  its expensive anyway and don't have budget for it....

tinatyty2011
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We call pop "Coke" around here. :) My husband works for Coca-Cola. And thats is not good. :) Desmond is obsessed with Coke. Just recently it dawned on me that I just need to cut it out, for real. I took myself off and started thinking " if its bad for me how come I dont stop giving it to Dez? BIG DUMMY!" :) Anyway, I stopped. I don't buy the stuff. I asked my DH not to bring it home. Out of sight outta mind. Do you know that even though Desmond still asks for it (LIKE EVERYDAY!), I will say " no coke, ice water", and he will repeat me and serve himself ice water? I didnt believe how well he would take it! Now, he does give me a pissed off look for a minute but hay, I'll take it. Lol. But, yes I know the struggles of "The Pop!" :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROGUEM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this is so funny so....where the same thing is called my different names depending on where in the United States you live.  I am in GA where soda/pop/cola was invented.  Actually the inventor of Coca-Cola was born in my town.  In Ga everything is called Coke instead of pop or soda.  When I go out of state, waitresses will say is Pepsi okay...LOL  and I am reminded that only in GA is Coke another name for any carbonated beverage.

I am a diet coke addict -  My children hate coke/pop/soda.  I have offered and they have denied it...LOL  Their favorites are milk and sweet tea (another southern favorite).

I don't anything anything is bad in moderation.  My mom wouldn't let me drink coke growing up or anything unhealthy and so of course when I grew up that is actually what I love to eat. 

Quoting shell3m:

LOL  no, no you're fine..lol  I'm just in Texas.  :)  I would be concern because pop eats away the lining of your stomach and can lead to ulcers, that's what I meant by stomach issues.  Just wanted to elaborate on that.  :)

Quoting kickinit:

yes sorry...soda!

kickinit
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

hey we got to keep the soda/pop/coke lingo straight man!  how funny.....

Familyart
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
My son gets about 1/2 cup caffeeine free pepsi in the am with his meds. The only way he will take it. Other then that its water and milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My daugter prefers water but my son seems to calm down with a half a mini can aday only and he sleeps better 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

my son will take a sip once in a while but for the most part he dont like it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)