Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOT SURE YET!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am not sure if my daughter son have autism. I almost sure that my  daughter has it but i am torn on if her twin has it. They have been seeing a speech therapist now for a few months but it just isn't working they are very behind developmentally and they do odd things. I am not sure what is right or wrong they are fraternal twins and were 34 weeks when they were born. they don't speak anything and are 22 months no gestures alot of yelling and throwing things.They have recently started waving and saying hi but nothing else. They do it all the time and when ppl . Can any one give me some advice what to look for with them I've been looking up autism signs and my Bella has most of them but what should i be looking for I'm asking for real life experience advice. please I am desperate.......I want to help them but don't know how to. 

blank stare

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shell3m
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I would get them checked, it never hurts to be extra sure.  Also in our Family Resources sticky post at the top of this page there are TONS of links for extra help!  :)  Let us know mama.  ((hugs))

twins0506
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM
What does their speech therapist think? I was just wondering because she's a professional and I would think she would recognize if they showed some signs. Maybe you can ask her if your children show any?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I would also ask their DR at the next well child visit (probably 2 years)

caiello84
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Their Therapist actually thinks that my daughter shows alot of signs and that my little boy bnot so much but I have been noticing that he has been having alot of the same issues and some are different than hers. so they have different signs but both seem to be in the same category of autism I am scared as i don't know how o communicate with them at all.

ROGUEM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Hello and Welcome.  I have twins too.  When they were little one of my twins Stephen was further behind Jonathan. So the doctors zeroed on him because he was further delayed and more severe.  I got them tested and they both ended up having autism.  I would get them tested as soon as possible.  There is so much help they could get and right now is when it will benefit them the most.  They really sound like autism is a possibility.  I would get them tested on different days/ not together that way your son will be treated as his own person and not being compared to his twin. 

Hugs to you and please keep us posted.

caiello84
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Thank you so much everyone for the advice I am lookig into Dr. now. I will keep you all informed.good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)