Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get This..cont. of drama rj parents

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM
  • 3 Replies

Because I told rj folks they could not come last sun I also told them they could pick another week day to come.  They called on thurs. wanting to come out after school.  I said no prob...bring your warm clothes as we are sledding this pm.  bro was a little withdrawn about this...so what!  he said they would be out by 4p.  I told him to meet us on the hill!  we were back in the house by 5 p and they never showed until 5:15p.  Pissed, yes i was!  I informed them they could only stay until 6p.  they were good and left by 6.  no even caring rj was asking about them the whole time we were sledding. 

ok...then they said they would come out on sat.  ok...no prob..we'll be home.  After 6p on sat. they finally called.  we were in the middle of supper...seriously...and now you want to visit!  my hubby answered the phone.  oh you wanted to come out today he said.  sorry thats too bad were in the middle of supper and not up for company tonight!  My Goodness...they are making this pretty easy to turn visitation over to social services...i only expect their behavior to escalate and them to cont. to be uncaring of other peoples and sons time.  by 6p this little kiddo is wore out!

god give me the patience,  no no patience, strength to finish this journey to the end and behond!  god bless allkite

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

wow that just makes me sick they arent making time for him, but ya easier for you

KickButtMama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Grrr, I hate that! I have a friend who always makes plans to hang out w/ us, her kids and mine love each other. 88% of th time she doesn't show. No one understands how painful dealing w/ the unexpected is. My son gats anxious about preparing his space for visitors, but then to have no one show (when he's asking every 5 min) causes just as much anxiety. I'm stuck. He wouldn't handle an unexpected visitor so I have to prepare him...grrrr
kickinit
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

i think rj is so use to them letting him down (i mean he's 8 now and they've never really beenparents to him anyhow) that he did not have a meltdown.  but its still hard to see.  but, i do have to remember this is about him and not me...him and not us...he still needs the love of his parents, however they are going to give it to him.  I rpobably should not tell him until they show up.  that way i would not have to field the questions and anticipation of them comming. 

I just can't understand it...why is he not more of a priority to them?  why do they act is more of a social  call or chore than actually coming to spend quality time with rj?  i'm obviously missing something.  My dad told me that he thinks we have not made them feel welcome. (not very nice, but whatever)  he also says that they should not have to pay us a thing, as it was not their choice for rj to be taken from them. (kinds mean also).  i am trying to take it all in and see it from their side.  what do you think?  could these things be true of us?  i know you all don't know us realy well...but look at it like this was your child i was taking care of and tell mefrom your persepective.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)