Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wearing out children on the spectrum who are hyperactive....

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

My husband and i are firm believers of physical activity for our hyperactive children and nephew.  For two days this week we took them sledding and made them walk up and down the hills with their sleds...and pulled them behind the 4-whlr for stimulation (omg rj loves this!).  the have chores and animals to play and take care of.  Lst week it was nice and we practiced with bikes with rj and the others rode theirs.  we even had rj on the buddy bike and he loved it!  I'm kinda running out of ideas to keep their activieness in check.  What things do you all use?  Any interesting things inside that work?  Give me any ideas...i'm up for them.  thanks and god blessice skating

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommy2angel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
We have an indoor jumper that our son loves! It's great for cold rainy days!!! It's called a jump-o-lene
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DangerDarling
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a trampoline, a play set in the back yard, bikes, and we go on hikes a lot. When my son is stimming a lot, we sometimes have him run, wheelbarrow walk, bounce on either a big exercise ball or a little seat cushion, and do wall pushups to give him some deep pressure.

mom2zachy122
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people walk their dogs, we walk our kid.  Every day during the warmer weather we walk at least twice around the block with him.  At first he walked, now he rides his bike.  During the winter, we take him on rides to go see the trains (we travel a route where, if we're lucky, we can catch the train crossing a few times), we take him "out on an adventure" usually every day.  An "adventure" is anything that is not inside.  It can be going to he store or going to visit a relative.  Going to the park or going to the mall.

That's pretty much what we do....

mallowcup17
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I walk my kids too LOL

Quoting mom2zachy122:

Some people walk their dogs, we walk our kid.  Every day during the warmer weather we walk at least twice around the block with him.  At first he walked, now he rides his bike.  During the winter, we take him on rides to go see the trains (we travel a route where, if we're lucky, we can catch the train crossing a few times), we take him "out on an adventure" usually every day.  An "adventure" is anything that is not inside.  It can be going to he store or going to visit a relative.  Going to the park or going to the mall.

That's pretty much what we do....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smarieljlee
by Sara on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM

We just went sledding they are stll running around all hyper lol

Our oldest spends a lot of time outside know matter the temp. We go to the woods and walk or to the park. I cant think of anything unique that we do

SugarbearNHoney
by Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM

We got our 'Special K' a small trampoline, small enough to fit in an apartment size bedroom, just for days that he seems overly hyper. ITS WORKS WONDERS.

valleymomma1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Bouncy ball to music, we do an obstacle course daily, small tramp, bouncy castle, carrying weight around plasma car.
pinkstar3
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM

trampoline and swimming pools are the BEST!

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:07 AM

we walk to the playground, it's uphill so it's a good walk, play on the playground and walk back so it's a good outing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)