Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bonkers Because of Bowel Withholding!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi Moms,

New to the group....thought I'd start off by sharing a resource that has helped our family.Our daughter struggles with sensory integration disorder and bowel withholding. Despite endless google searches and countless calls to our pediatrician, none of the recommendations produced the desired results. (Finally introduced Miralax) Adding to the frustration, was the lack of printed material dealing with this particular potty training challenge. A friend turned me on to "I Can't, I Won't, No Way! A Book for Children Who Refuse to Poop (Amazon.com) written entirely from a child's perspective (both boys & girls depicted), our daughter immediately locked into the illustrations...wants us to read it all the time! Can't promise that the book will solve the problem but, it definitely helps...For any of you out there on the brink of going bonkers because of a "non-pooper" check it out.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM

welcome to the group and thanks for the tip!

twins0506
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Welcome to the group and thanks :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottubgodess
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Thanks for the tip!  :)

Heads up - next comment is TMI!!!

My 8 yr old wont poop at school.  I didnt realize this.  We received an email home from the teacher that the bathroom in their classroom was going to be closed - apparently someone was decorating the bathroom with their feces.  So I asked Mike a few times if he had done it and he giggled (that dumb giggle at inappropriate times....grrr).  So one day I sat down, face to face and asked very calm and comfortingly "do you know who has been decorating the bathroom with poop?".  He looked at me, then away, and said "no mom!  And I dont poop at school either!"  I was caught off guard, then I realized as soon as he gets home, he usually makes a trip to the bathroom.  I am glad he is a "delayer".  :) 

My son has a bathroom preference. 

naplesmama776
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Hi Moms...thank you for the "warm welcome"....happy to provide a resource! Look forward chatting and sharing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)