Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

My husband was happy that his sister was calling him and made him feel like she cared about our family. Then last saturday she called him drunk, telling me to get a job. It's really frustrating to be treated like a I'm a burden, when I have to be available to my daughter everyday. She's eleven and has severe autism. She is also nonverbal and doesn't use the bathroom or dress herself. It makes my hubby and I feel terrible that his family feels the need to put us down. I can call them all the names in the book but you can't beat some ppl's ignorance. So they're basically thinking I sit on the couch and eat bonbons?! I wished, better than cleaning poop off the carpet and walls! *smh* My daughter fecal smears at least 3x a weeks at least if I'm not keeping an close eye on her :( It's hard work and I hate when his family tries to make it look like I'm just a slacker. The SSI go by income so it's not like she gets the same amount of money every month so that isn't very dependable. And we can't get food assistance because he "makes too much" which is far from it! We live paycheck to paycheck. His family just makes me feel like crap sometimes.

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Replies (11-15):
marisab
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

hi i am so sorry for the distress his family is causing you!!i wish i could make it betetr but somepeople just dont understand

aakeiser
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel your pain..many of family members are like that, they think we are making up my son autism, then we others that think its a disease they can catch..I am trying to forget about them and taking all my energy and taking care of my kids, myself, and husband..the hell with the rest..I kn its harder then it sounds, and I get pulled in a lot..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM
2 moms liked this
(((HUGS))) His sister is a JERK! I would be happy to use more explitive words, but I am trying to act like a lady. Inside, my blood is boiling for you. HOW DARE SHE????
magickbaby
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I'm so sorry (((hugs))) ignorance hurts ! But your part of this family now, and we care about you and will support you, hold your hand, wipe your tears and make you laugh ! Just know you are doing what's right for your family, that's all that matters. Screw everybody else ! Be strong, you can accomplish anything ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
N8ivedestiny
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Hey thanks:) you moms pulled me though...it's good to know that you're not alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)