Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What is with the blue??

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM
  • 18 Replies

I see toys r us is doing this blue campain on FB about making profile pics blue... when did blue become the color for autism?

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mallowcup17
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

i was trying to find an anwer to this myself last night because i'm curious about it. i wasnt able to find anything related to it other then its Autism Speaks main color. 

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Mar. 26, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I think its mostly because of Autism Speaks
Punkslilncs
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Yeah I found it is because of Autism Speaks, but now people think the color for Autism is Blue :(

ROGUEM
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM

When you start thinking about it, there aren't alot of colors left that don't mean mean something.   Orange would look like halloween.  White and Yellow are light people already use.  I don't think anybody wants to put red lights ouside...thinking about it makes me want to bust out singing the Roxanne song.  So it was between green, blue, purple or pink.  Blue was probably the safest choice.

Jenn8604
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM
pinks out they sell pink lights for breast cancer awareness.

Quoting ROGUEM:

When you start thinking about it, there aren't alot of colors left that don't mean mean something.   Orange would look like halloween.  White and Yellow are light people already use.  I don't think anybody wants to put red lights ouside...thinking about it makes me want to bust out singing the Roxanne song.  So it was between green, blue, purple or pink.  Blue was probably the safest choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
all i know is on april 2nd they have a light it up blue campaign where everyone has a blue light on in support of autism awarwness. i figure its from the blue puzzle piece of autism speaks. besides i like blue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROGUEM
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Your right,  and green is really St. Patty's thing.  So it was just blue and purple.  So blue is the best choice.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting ROGUEM:

Jenn8604
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM
they could always make ribbon lights.

Quoting ROGUEM:

Your right,  and green is really St. Patty's thing.  So it was just blue and purple.  So blue is the best choice.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting ROGUEM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROGUEM
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM

They are trying to get everyone to replace their outside bulbs with blue one for the whole month of April.  Alot of businesses are doing it this year.  I guess they didn't want to make special lights because then if it was too hard businesses and people won't do it.  I am going to put blue lights outside of my house.

Quoting Jenn8604:

they could always make ribbon lights.

Quoting ROGUEM:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting ROGUEM:

N8ivedestiny
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Autism Speaks has the month April autism awareness month i think. Light it Blue campaign

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN