Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

April is Autism Awareness Month – let’s spread awareness!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 44 Replies
45 moms liked this

jigsaw ribbon

April is National Autism Awareness Month, and we want to spread awareness to as many CafeMoms as possible – and beyond!

To start, steal the siggy at the bottom of this post and use it as your own -- then everywhere you post, you’ll make Autism awareness known!

Then check out the activities we have going on right here in the group:

Then go spread the word!

To add a siggy:

1. Copy one the image above (the link to the group is already included)
  2. Go up to "my account" near the top of any page and choose "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu (you might be asked to enter your password)
  3. Click the "Fonts & Signatures" tab
  4. Scroll down to "Signatures" and choose "Add a Rich Text Signature"
  5. Type a name for your siggy, paste the image you copied from above into the posting box, and click "Add"
  6. You can then click on "Set as CafeMom default" under the signature if you'd like this to be your main signature
  7. Or, anytime you'd like to use the signature, click "Yes" below your post where it asks if you'd like to include a signature, and find the name of your siggy in the drop-down list
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM
4 moms liked this
have the siggy from last yr. already wrote an article fir the paper. my fb page has so many puzzle pieces ud think that we were making the worlds biggest puzzle. my cm back ground is puzzle pieces.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM
15 moms liked this

I just bought a bunch of books on autism for my son's school that are geared toward explaining it to kids in elementary grades. Every year, his school does nothing for autism awareness month, and it pisses me off. This year, the excuse was "we don't have any books on it." So I bought them six new books for their library, and I am going in Monday to put them in a special display for the month. After that, kids will be able to check them out.

heidipete123
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM
4 moms liked this

I really want to start a support group for moms with multiples with ASD-Alot of moms know how it is with one child on the spectrum, I want to give kudos to those who have more than one child, twins, etc..As we all know Autism affects everyone in the family and we all work together. For single moms with multiples with asd, I can't help but think that we might be a rare breed. The strength involved in everyday is at a level that deserves to be recognized by others who know our strength.God Bless all parents of kiddos w/ASD and God Bless the kiddos who teach us more than we could ever teach them!Hooray for April and Autism awareness!

iris718
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I wanna give everyone who has a child with autism lots of kudos for doing what u have to do n not giving up on ur child. My husband has a son with autism n i don't know how he does it he needs help wish there was something I could do. He is a war hero n its hard for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
magickbaby
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My facebook page has austism awareness signs in my photos for the public to use. Search : Summer Rose. Take what you want and if you want add me and just let me know your with the group ! Thanks for the siggy !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Is the SweetPea new? Awesome!

OceanGoddess
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My whole life is autism awareness :O) We have a 5 year old with autism and it has def been a bump ride so far.

WildCat73
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I was not so lucky with my oldest. they did not explain it to her classmates but with my middle daughter they told them with my permission and then they understood why Krystyne was different. I wish they would of did it for Marissa

Lancemommy
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I think I did what you said to do right about  making this

into a signature,

but how do I ensure that I get entered for the prizes? pls let me know ty. Allison Erbach

GrandmaB221
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I am due to go to school on Monday April 2 to discuss a plan of care for Jaidyn because there hasn't been much cooperation till lately.  I met the head of the school board through my work and we had a discussion and she basically told me she is behind me 100% and that they had approved someone to be hired to stay with her all day now my focus is on one of the other children with ADD and continues with my awesome little blue eyed girl.  They are all awesome in their jigsaw ribbonown way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN