Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So a woman starts a post that goes something like this- "How do I get pregnant with a guarantee of not having an ASD child?"

Posted by   + Show Post
Well, she's being lambasted, and that's understandable. I saw it coming a mile away.

It wasn't me , BTW. I want nothing to do with babies, ASD or NT. I think babies are precious, but it's not for me. No thanks!!! One was enough to knock me on my ass!

My next big addition to the family will be a kitten, and only after our 17 year old cat passes away, God bless him. He's still healthy, though ! :-)

This particular parents of ASD children board is known for it's snarkiness and no nonsense attitude and for not showing a while lot of empathy towards other moms in dire emotional need, so I only read but do not post. I want no part of that. It's all I can do sometimes to not post to stick up for someone, but I am resolved to stay out of it!

I messaged the poster to STOP in what is becoming a war of words, but all she did was politely thank me for my words of wisdom.

Ok...fine- argue with them, I wrote back, and good luck, but don't say I didn't warn you...

If that same women came here with same post, how would you reply?

My answer would be that since there are no guarantees in life, ESPECIALLY when it comes to children AND with the new CDC numbers being 1 in 88 children, if you are truly afraid of having another ASD child, then it's simple- DON'T GET PREGNANT!

Is it that cut and dry or am I missing something here???

Just curious how we would handle this topic over here.

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:28 AM
Replies (81-81):
jax3
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Stupid! ok...Instead of an asd child how about a downs child, or a wheelchair bound child, cancer, heart disease... children can have any type of issues!!! Not just asd! Geez Louis!  
You want a perfect kid...go adopt one thats perfectly healthy...dont get pregnant. And even then what?  They could have an accident or become sick.
Stupid woman! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)