Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sensory activities & products

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
Do you have any favorite activities? He also tries to squish himself in-between things. Is there anything I can order for him? I'm thinking of looking for a swinging hammock I can hang from the ceiling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
zoeys.mom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM

there are tons of products out there he would probably love, the cocoon looking hanging chair sounds like it might be good. Wish I could remember the real name for it

newmommy430
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM
We have a pop up tent. I laid blankets on the bottom and put toys inside.

We also have a weighted blanket and vest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Highly recommending pinterest on this one! I have a sensory kid who LOOOOVES being squished more than anything and has super adversions to touching weird stuff. Just type in sensory and you'll get 100's of ideas of things to make and do! For easter we made him a rice box to play in. He has a bean box that he climbs in and digs himself to the bottom. I've made gel bags and sensory balloons. He has sensory buckets with tons of different feeling stuff.

When you go to sites/stores that are labeled Therapy the cost of everything is trippled at the very least every time. =( Anything you can make on your own is insanely helpful! 

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

bean bag chair, party disco lights, lava lamp, playdough, rice bin, sand or water table, tent with pillows and blankets, weighted blanket, bubbles, pop tubes, slinky, squishy balls that light up, koosh ball, exercise ball, marble run, ball popper,  

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

brushing

marisab
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM

my son loves weighted blankets,vests,squishy ballsand swings

mopsmommy5
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Our daughter loves us to sit on her or squish against her on the couch, she also loves to have lots of blankets piled onto her. We also have a biter.necklace she can use when she feels anxious that we got online. These things help her calm down.
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM

chewy tube, gum

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)