Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 year old weighs 33 lbs....???

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

anyone have any tips for encouraging him to eat he was sick recently and now johny doesnt wanna eat even tho hes betetr..any tips would be greatly apprecoated..hes even refusing a supplement

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Leobaby2007
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM
I would love some suggestions too. At the dentist, my close to 5 year old only weighed 36 pounds. He's dropped 2 lbs recently. Just doesn't want to eat, except junk. Could drink pediasure all day...
navyjen
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Hugs momma.   Does he like nuts.  Why not try making a smoothie or a milkshake for him.  Have him help and see if he will eat it then.    Has he lost any weight?

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Smoothies with his favorite goodies.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:17 PM

My 5 yo son ASD is only 35lbs,has always been on the low side weight wise,avg height,was 8lbs at birth.  As long as he's healthy?  I give my son a multivitamin every day.  He loves milk,and yogurt and yogurt drinks.  It's a daily struggle(for me!)

jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:26 PM

man i thought my kid was lite he is 2 1/2  and only  weights 26 lbs

Larisa72
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM

my NT daughter is 8 and weighs 48 lbs (she was a preemie) and my Aspie boy is almost 12 and is just under 70 pounds.  We are going to increase caloric intake this summer...smoothies definitely, adding macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes whenever we can.  We've found that boost plus has 360 calories per bottle and they both LOVE the chocolate flavor, so we let them have that ...also pediasure is pretty good at 240 calories per bottle....

aschauer
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:11 PM

My son loves chocolate milk but does not know that it is actually sugar free chocolate syrup that I mix with his 2% milk. I add the Chocolate Carnation Breakfast to some of his milk in the morning when I feel he needs extra calories and vitamins. Especially if he did not eat well the night before. He will always take a vitamin at night as well.

For meals, I do not make him eat what we eat. I actually let him choose what he wants. They are are typically items that he likes so I know he will choose something and eat it. Some of his favorites are: hot dogs, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, lunchables: chicken dunks, lunchables: meat, cheese, & crackers, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches on raisin bread, carrots, peanut butter celery, pizza (regular or lunchables: make your own), and he loves bread sticks or buns. I also suggest things that I can add to it like bananas, dried apprecots, raisins, and I let him get a few extra calories in chips or cookies if he eats well. He also drinks a lot of milk and 100% juice.

I know most would not agree to let him choose but I found that he eats better this way. I would rather he eat then not. We get to choose what we eat, why should it be different for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)